bonus chapter: an awkward encounter

in between chapter XIII and chapter XIV (ignore any discrepancies between this and the story)

somewhat (well very) mature content

read at your own risk

KATERINA COULD FEEL HERSELF SHAKING, she was kicking herself by how vulnerable she had been.

When Levi had come stomping in during the middle of her training she was furious. All she had wanted to do was take some alone time on the beam she had made to try and collect herself. That short captain had been infiltrating all her thoughts since the moment they shared in the dead of night in the kitchen.

But, she had ended up inviting him onto that beam; laughing with him as he tried and failed to execute her moves. And when they fell, she could feel the distance between the withering away- like it had been for a few days. She had seen the look in his eyes; it was a look of lust and wanting.

Luckily, Eren had intervened at the best moment- the moment when just one more cosmic push would have planted their lips together.

She shuddered at the thought, regardless that her heart began to beat faster remembering the way his lips looked and his thick long lashes, the way his body felt against hers, his-

"MY KITTY-KAT!"

Katerina stopped dead in her tracks at the sound of Hange's voice, her eyes widening as she began to frantically look around her.

"KITTY-KAT! WHERE ARE YOU?"

Eren had told Katerina earlier that Hange was pestering him about letting her conduct some experiments on his Titan form and looking for Katerina to gather some insights before she could begin.

Katerina knew that 'some insights' meant that she was going to spend the entire night locked up with Hange in her creepy lab answering mundane and grotesque questions about Eren's various bodily fluids.

Katerina could hear heavy clanking footsteps rounding the dark corridor that she currently stood in and she felt like the bottom of the food-chain just waiting for their predator to strike.

There was a door to her right and, as she felt Hange closing in on her, she slowly and quietly opened the door and made her way inside the room. She pressed her back against the door and let out a slow breath making sure that her ears were perked and intensely focused on the noise outside of the room.

When she didn't hear footsteps, she removed herself from the door and looked around at the room she ended up in. There was hot lingering steam that clouded the communal showers that clung to her skin and moistened her clothing, becoming sticky and sweaty very quickly. She didn't even register the faint sound of a shower running before her ears quickly diverted back to the door.

Hange's echoing footsteps stopped right in front of the bathroom door and her voice reverberated through the thin gap between the floor and the dark wood door.

"Kitty-Kat, are you in here?"

"Shit, shit, shit, shit!" Katerina cursed quietly, watching the doorknob turn in almost slow-motion.

She didn't think and she didn't hesitate to jump into the nearest shower when she saw the door slowly creak open.

The curtains rustled around her as she tumbled into the shower and she almost let out a little yelp when she crashed into a body.

A naked body.

A wet naked body.

Captain Levi's wet naked body.