Chapter 11: The Promise

A smile escapes my lips as my eyes open.

My alarm is going off playing the song Fake Protagonist right next to my ear. It's one of my favourite songs.

I have a different song for each of the days I go to work, I change them every now and then just so they don't start to get old.

I can hear the sound of pots and pans being used in the kitchen which leads me to believe Boun is making breakfast this time.

He probably wants to do it this time since I did it yesterday, which I find to be very sweet of him.

I really don't mind making breakfast, he let me stay with him, so I feel like I should be doing the cooking and stuff, but I know he won't let me do that every morning, he'll wake up before me if he has to.

He really is a great guy.

After a few stretches and yawns I get up and head to the kitchen.

"Morning Phi."

"Morning." He says looking over his shoulder.

Lu comes and sits by my feet.

"Morning girl." I give her a kiss on the nose and go take a seat at the counter.

"What's for breakfast?"

"French toast."

"Kay."

"What time do you leave for work?"

"At about 8."

"I guess we'll be leaving at the same time then. I'll probably be here when you get back."

"Okay. Do you not have that much to do?"

"Um, not really. The shooting for the add will probably at most be about 5 to 6 hours I'm not sure. But then I've got a meeting with my manager and some other people. So I'll probably be back before 4 this afternoon."

"Yeah, I only get off work just after 5." He nods.

"Here you go, eat up!"

He places a plate of french toast in front of me along with a few condiments.

I grab the syrup and add it to one of the pieces of bread.

"You never change." Chuckles Boun.

"What?"

"No, it's just you used to do the same thing when we were younger. You'd always put syrup on the first slice, then honey on the next and strawberry jam on the last."

"And what makes you think I'm doing that now?"

"You literally just placed those exact same things in order in front of you."

I look down that the table, and sure enough I have.

"Wow, I didn't even notice I was doing it." He chuckles.

"Too cute."

That feeling again...

After breakfast is done Boun washes the dishes while I shower and get ready, and once I'm done he goes and showers.

Now we're both heading out.

"Bye girl." I give her a kiss and so does Boun, and then we're heading out the building.

I get in my car and start it up, but it's not starting.

I keep turning the turn my keys, but it's not turning on. I keep idling it, but it's not working.

"Fuck."

A tap is heard against my window and I jump, but calm down when I see it's just Boun.