Chapter 23: My Knight

2

It's a dark night~
But ya shine so bright~
Maybe even brighter than my broken heart...
You took my hand,
I gave you my everything,
You gave me my heartbreak~

Take take my love~
Drown me in ecstasy~
Break break me down,
love I'm still around,
find me in your sweater, drinking morning coffee~

And I'll find you at the bar,
Drink drinking that toxicity~
Talkin to your last like they're your first~
Do you even think of me,
or only when you're feelin lonely~
Sayin you love me,
Sayin you can't live without...
But baby~
You're only lyin (lyin to me)

It was raining, it was poring, it was deafening~
You were denying, I was accusing,
we were fighting (fighting)

(You took me, you led me down to the stream...
I still remember that day,
those moments...
It's hard to let go...
Hard to forget,
but I'll never regret...)

It's a dark night,
but ya shine so bright... (too bright)

It became too bright, blinding me with its fake intentions~
Suffocating me with its lies...

You left me in the dark.
You let me go,
and now all that fills my empty palm is the drenching rain~
Substitutes for you were never my thing, so it's quite something to find out I was yours...

(The night was getting darker...
And I was without my knight...)

The tears become heavier, fusing with the rain and the sound of my pain.

I knew we would end this way, oh but how it hurts~
The tears suffocate and the cries break me... (almost as much as you)

It was a dark night, (baby it was)
I'd almost forgotten the light... (but not without a fight)

***

A satisfied smile adorns my face looking at the lyrics on the paper on my desk. I feel quite proud of them.

I wanted to write a break up song, so I decided to sit down and see if inspiration would strike.

Once I had written the first line it just started to pour out and I couldn't stop. It's usually goes like that, it's not finished yet though, but I'm happy with the lyrics I have for now.

I like to base my songs off of actually things I've gone through, have felt or have happened to me.

I remember the night my ex had broken up with me, it was raining, we had been arguing.

I accused him of cheating, but he refused to admit that he was. But the thing is I had actually caught him in the act.

I was heartbroken, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't overreacting because it could've been and accident. But really I knew the truth, I just didn't want to believe it, because I really loved him.

I'd thought he was the one, that we'd grow old together, become one of those sappy lovey dovey couples, and would just be together forever. He was my knight, as refered to in the song.

But I guess even knights can be narcissistic, lying, cheating bastards.

But I don't hate him, it was his choice, and he chose to be an asshole. He knew he'd get caught at some point, because let's be real, if you're going to sneak around cheating on the so called 'love of your life' and expect not get caught, you're going to be in for a real surprised. 'Cause karma's going to bite you in the arse.