Chapter 25: Dandelion

Hi...

The sound of bare feet against cold concrete is the only thing that breaks the would-be silence.

Its been a while,
how have you been?
I've been coping.
I miss you...

A tap is turned and water falls onto the lukewarm flesh beneath. Pupils widen at the contact of cold water against the skin.

Do you remember the nights when the bright city lights were our substitute for the stars?

Lean and long fingers weave through the wet locks, massaging the sculp every now and then.

Twirling around~
You'd grab my hand,
twirling me as well as we danced in the almost empty streets.

Material runs across skin, removing the dead skin and displaying a new layer of epidermis.

Cars passed by
and faded away into the distance,
just like the you of back then.

The water ceases and the sound of glass partitions against one another occupy the tiled walls.

You said we'd never die,
but those white walls and hospital beds say otherwise...

A trail of ghost footprints litter the floor as the solid form emits from within the said tiled room and into the one adjacent.

But have you really left?
Can one really lose something like we had?
Our souls intertwined by fate~
It hurts to lose your other half, but they're never really gone. (You're never really gone)

Sighs are audible as fabric meets skin and contrasts with pale flesh of my forlorn-like figure as it once again exits a room and travels into the one consisting of cutlery, condiments and things of that sort.

It's about 9:15, so I'll just make myself a bowl of ramen and head off to pick up Boun.

Your hand goes limp,
but it still takes a moment for realisation to dawn.
(You're gone)

A ding is heard and boiling liquid soon finds it's place in the circular 3D object, steam rises into the air before evaporating.

Minutes pass and the was hard substance turns into a more enjoyable form, stating it is ready to be consumed.

No melodic noise plays around the room, but instead the lonely melancholy music that is silence.

It's hard to smile sometimes when thinking of you,
but then again just like you said
'we shouldn't smile through the pain'~

Prem♡: I'm on my way

P'Boun: Okay

Hollow walls are then left to ponder amongst themselves as a door is closed and locked.

Looking back I see all those memories, but each time they change,
each time they lessen...

Blue paints the firmament, tuffs of white scattered here and there. Busy roads and occupied sidewalks.

Hi again.
Are you tired of me yet?
I'm sorry...
It's just my coping mechanism.

Strumming on the steering wheel to an unknown rhythm the wind fills my ears.

Maybe I'm just waiting for a reply,
for you to tell me it's all a lie...
But it's just false hope.