Chapter 15: Worth Dying For

Impatient.

I'm feeling very impatient, like a child who's been promised they're going to get ice cream if they finish their dinner.

And I've finished my dinner and am just waiting for the ice cream.

It's been a few months since I've seen Jean and I couldn't be more happy about seeing her again, and not to mention Ellie! My adorable, precious niece!

Ellie is just over a year old now, and the last time I saw her was about 5 months ago.

She's probably so much bigger now! And she'll be starting to walk and talk, I think?...

"Prem, calm down." Laughs Boun taking a seat next to me. "She'll be here in a few minutes."

"I know, it's just I haven't see her in a while and I can't wait to give her a hug." He chuckles.

"And you will, in a few minutes."

"Ugh, I hate minutes."

"Too bad."

"You're not helping~"

"Okay, how about we go look for a time machine and we can time travel to a few minutes from now?"

"Haha, very funny."

"Good to know."

"I wasn't being literal!" I say laughing.

"I know. I just wanted to make you laugh."

Has he always been like this?

What did she see?

What haven't I been se-

*knock knock*

I jump off of the couch and go towards the door.

"Je!"

"Prem!"

I lurch forward and wrap my arms around her, giving her a tight squeeze.

"I've missed you~"

"I've missed you too."

We pull apart and she ruffles my hair giving me a sweet smile.

"Someone else has also missed you."

I look down and see the little angel herself in little car chair.

"Ellie! I'm missed you, my little princess."

I bend down and take her out of the car seat and instead into my arms.

I give her an eskimo kiss and she giggles making my heart explode and a smile appear on my face.

"You're so cute!"

Just then Boun comes out and Jean smiles giving him a hug.

"It's so good to see you again! Thank you for taking care of Ellie while I'm away."

"It's really no problem, I love spending time with her."

"Still it means a lot. I would've asked my parents, but they're on a little vacation, so..."

"Well I'm happy to have her, really." She gives him a warm smile and turns back to Ellie.

"Look sweetie, it's uncle Boun!"

I turn so she's facing Boun and she just looks at him before muttering incoherent words that sound like blubbering, making drool fall from her mouth.

"Hello to you too." Says Boun shaking her hand with one of his fingers making her giggle and say more nonsense noises that in her case would be considered talking.