Chapter 19: Spark

The sound of the zip from my suitcase fills my ears and a heavy sigh leaves my lips.

I've just finished putting all my stuff back into my suitcase, meaning I'm officially done packing and ready to leave when it's time.

Can time be stopped?

Can it be sped up?

"Breakfast's ready!" Shouts Boun.

"Kay, I'll be there in a second!"

I grab my bag and suitcase walking out the room and placing them beside the front door, then walk into the kitchen and take a seat on one of the stools.

Boun walks over to me, two plates in hand and a smile on his face.

"Here you go!" He says placing the plate in front of me.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

He takes a seat next to me and we begin with our meal.

Probably the last meal I'll have with him in a while...

"It's hard to think that after this you're going to be going back to your place and not just going to work and then coming back here later."

"Yeah, I still haven't really come to terms with it yet."

"Well I'm going to miss having you here."

"Well I'm going to miss being here."

"That's good to know. At least I wasn't a completely terrible host." He says making a funny impressed face. I laugh a little.

"Yeah, you were okay, but Lu was better."

"So that little devil was better then me, I see how it is. She's obviously your favourite out of the two of us."

"Can't say your wrong there." He dramatically nods and goes back to eating his food and jokingly mumbles.

"And I thought I was special."

"You are Phi, I just happen to like dogs more."

"Completely understandable. She is our daughter after all."

I look away, afraid of what he might see.

"That she is." I say.

We continue eating with a little talking every now and then and it just feels so normal, like I'm not going to be leaving, it feels like how these past mornings have felt.

Sorta...

Once the meal is done and the clanking of the dishes is no longer heard, it's time for me to go.

So now here I stand, in front of the door that once greeted me to say hello, now stands before me as I say my goodbyes.

"Well, um. See ya?" Says Boun rubbing the back of his neck looking a little sheepish. I laugh slightly.

"I guess so..."

"Let's meet up again soon, for coffee or something, or just to spend some time with Lu. She's going to be very confused when she doesn't see you around anymore."

"That makes me feel so bad! Don't say that~"

"Sorry." He says shrugging.

I roll my eyes and crouch down to the floor.

"Lu! Come here girl!"

A few seconds later she comes trotting towards me, tale wagging and ears flapping up and down.