Chapter 28: Cliché

Shifting slightly my eyes slowly begin to open and I sit up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

But the second I look up I'm hit with a wave of confusion.

Where the fuck am I?

Looking around I notice the room is about the same size as mine. In front of me and to the right there's a door that looks like it leads to a bathroom. Then next the bed on the left there's a small table with a coaster and lamp, then to the left wall there's a desk, cupboard and deck of draws.

The desk if filled with papers, pencils, notebooks, there's a hairbrush, a computer, a few books and pictures...

That's when it hits me.

I'm a fucking dumbass, honestly.

I'm in Prem's apartment. I stayed over last night after we'd both fallen asleep watching movies.

I'd fallen asleep shortly after Prem, and then I think we woke up just after 6, well...

I woke up and kinda just stared at Prem for a little while. I couldn't help it, he was literally in my arms, face up against my chest, small almost inaudible breaths leaving his lips.

It was heart wrenching.

But he woke up a few minutes later, so we got up and started making dinner. Well more like, I tried to help make dinner and he kept just swatting me away with a spatula saying how I was his guest and whatnot.

So I had to be a bystander and just watch him. And for the rest of the night we just bickered about random things and everything was as it usually is.

Even though we hadn't talked about it, there was a silent agreement that I'd be staying oven. Not like Prem would've let me drive home in the dark anyway.

Then it was time to actually go to sleep.

Now since Prem doesn't have a spare room I fully believed I'd sleeping on the couch.

But that's not what Prem had in mind and dragged me to his room, stating that he would not let me sleep on the couch, especially since it was cold.

Protesting was useless, and in the end I was lying in his bed, in his pajamas waiting for him to return from the bathroom after changing.

That night he claimed his spot lying on top of me with his face in the crook of my neck.

And I finally got to experience what it's like to fall asleep with him in my arms.

***

And that brings us back to the present, which is, according to my phone, 8:23 in the morning.

Getting out of the bed I head over towards the desk, a certain picture having caught my eye.

Holding the object gently in my hands, I sit down in the desk chair.

The corner of my lips tug up into a small smile looking at the portrayed scene in the picture.

It's of 2 years ago, at Prem and Fluke's graduation ceremony. In the picture they're in the middle of a group hug being squished by everyone.

Ohm is back hugging Fluke, who has the widest possible smile on his face, I'm back hugging Prem, chin on his shoulder and arms around his waist. Then everyone else is around us as we huddle together to take the picture.

It's seems like that day was forever ago. But everything starts to feel that way in time I guess.

Putting the picture back down, my eyes travel over the others. There's a few with just him and Nea, his family, friends. And then some with just him and I.