Giving Opinions on "Son of ???" Stories

So, I first wanted this story to be reacting to fan art/ headcanons/ memes, but percy2jacksons recommended I make the characters react to different fanfictions, which is kind of what I'm doing in this chapter. They WILL NOT be reacting to the image above. I put that for your entertainment and your entertainment only. A/N for children of Zeus at end of chapter.

><

"Okay," the person starts. "I'm going to introduce you into the wonderful world of fanfiction by asking your opinions on a tiny sliver of the fandom."

Leo tried to raise an eyebrow. "Only a tiny part?"

The person sighed. "Yeah. I can't show you the entire fandom. That would take way too long."

"Okay, what do we need to give our opinions on?" Annabeth asks.

"Oh! Yeah. Son of stories," the person says, smiling.

"Son of stories?" Percy questions.

"Yeah. It's like a what if," they answer. "What if Percy was the son of someone other than Poseidon?"

"That wouldn't really make sense," Percy says skeptically. 

"Yeah. Some of them don't. Most of them are about how you were orphaned at a young age then adopted by a random god," they explain.

"What god?" Jason asks.

The person laughs. "Well, there are a lot of them. Sometimes it's not even a god. Son of Chaos stories are the most popular."

"Chaos? The creator of the universe?" Annabeth says, narrowing her eyes. "That makes absolutely no sense."

The person grins. "That's what's great about them! There's other ones too. Son of Zeus, Hestia, Hades, Artemis-"

"Artemis?" Hazel asks curiously. "But Diana hates men."

"I know. They make sure to point that out in the stories. Usually Percy is really young when it happens, and Artemis is the goddess of children. Plus, he would be too young to hate."

Hazel doesn't look convinced. 

"Still doesn't make sense...." she mumbles.

"Son of Loki, Hera-"

"Again, doesn't make sense," Piper interrupts.  "Wait, did you say Hades? I mean, I get Hestia, but Hades?"

"I don't know," the person says, a bit annoyed. "I didn't write these!"

Meanwhile, Percy has gone in to shock.

"Loki? The Norse god?" Annabeth asks.

"Wait, the Norse are real too?" Jason asks.

The person ignores Jason. "No, it's usually Loki from the Avengers."

"Loki had a really awesome redemption arc in Ragnarok," Leo adds.

"I know! That's my favorite Marvel movie! It's the best out of all of the Thor movies," the person responds excitedly. "Oh, there are son of Thor stories too. And Freya. Or is it Frigga? I think it's Frigga actually..."

Someone probably needs to help Percy.

"Wait, are there son of Ares or Mars stories?" Frank asks.

The person thinks for a moment. "Yeah. I think so... But I can't think of any son of Demeter stories... Son of Zeus, Hera, Neptune, Ares, Aphrodite, Hephaestus, Amphritrite, Artemis, Apollo, Persephone, Hades..."

Annabeth stares at them blankly.

"Oh! Yeah, there is one son of Demeter story I can think of. I think the weirdest ones are son of Athena stories..."

Percy faints. Annabeth pukes. Hazel fans herself. Everyone is disgusted.

The person goes on. "Kronos, Gaia, Nyx, Vesta, Lupa...."

Frank looks at em weirdly. "What's with Percy being the child of maiden goddesses?"

"Well, in son of Lupa stories, Lupa was raped... Hey, one of those was a son of Ares story!" the person says, looking deep in thought. "Wait, why are there no son of Dionysus stories? Does the fandom have something against Dionysus?"

Jason shrugs. "I dunno."

The person scowls. "Hm... There are things far worse than Percy being a son of Athena in this fandom..."

"Like what?" Leo asks. As soon as he does, he regrets it.

"Ships. Some betrayal fics. I think I told you about Pertemis... Wait till you hear about Kronercy!"

"All right!" Piper interjects, using charmspeak. "That's enough! Please move on to the next thing you need us to react to!"

The person rolls their eyes. "Silly girl, your charmspeak doesn't work on me. But, if you insist, we can move on."

"Thank the gods," Annabeth whispers, trying to get Percy to regain consciousness. 

><

For children of Zeus! I don't really need to explain this anymore, do I? Anyways, this book I think you children of Zeus will find interesting because it  deals with.. uh, bird people. So, I present to you:

Maximum Ride

by James Patterson

The first 3 books are the best ones. Uh, if you want, read all 9 books, but I'm only recommending the first 3. 

DO NOT READ HAWK. NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, DO NOT READ HAWK. 

It's not out yet, but, from what I've heard, it's an insult to all Maximum Ride fans.

Read them in order, okay? Because I didn't.