"Into The Darkness"

LMAO I FORGOT ABOUT THIS FIC!!! AHH, SORRY!! I'm finishing it though. I've totally dropped out of the PJO fandom. This chapter won't be accurate starting with the actual reaction because... uh, how do the characters act again?

Also, haven't listened to the song in a good while. Not going to now either. This is probably a lot of crack for something like this.

Also, I think I'm going to end it here. It was fun while it lasted, honestly. But it's time to say goodbye. 

Later, my dudes and dudettes. And... others.

FOLLOW ME ON AO3!! Under the same user (TheSeaSpider)!!!

><

"So, I hope that break made you feel better," the person starts.

"It did, thank you," Annabeth says, smiling gently. "What will we be reacting to next?"

("Nico... is a bird," Hazel mumbles again. Frank pats her back sympathetically because we need more Frazel in this world.)

"A song," the person says. "This time, though, it's not a musical. It's a song in Annabeth's P.O.V. in the Pit."

"Oh." Percy grabs his girlfriends hand, giving it a squeeze, as if the reassure her everything will be all right. Or maybe he's reassuring himself.

"What's it called?" Jason asks.

"I bet it's something ominous, like The Darkness of Our Souls-" Leo jokingly whispers to Piper.

"Into The Darkness," the person answers, cutting Leo off.

"Called it," Leo whispers again.

Piper tries to hide her small smile. It was Leo's fault for making jokes at a time like this and making her smile! She wasn't smiling for any other reason... Definitely not because she was excited... 

The air is thick and smoky, salvation's in a dream

Annabeth shivered, as if she could feel the breeze of a distant memory.

I walked for miles and miles until the road blurred ahead of me

The ashes settle down like poison in our lungs

Percy took a deep breath, reassuring himself that he was safe and could breathe. 

If I tell you I love you, will dying be sweeter for us?

The lovers squeezed each others hands, as if to say, I am here. You are safe.

But I see you and it's the only thing that's keeping me alive

I can feel your hand and suddenly I'm not so terrified

Leo glanced at the intertwined hands of the couple. Oh, the irony, he mused with a small giggle.

And I'd give anything to ease the panic in your eyes

Green met grey. Home; that's what they saw in the eyes locked to theirs.

Into the darkness we will fight

A hand twitched, a pen twirling around in its fingers. 

I hear the monsters howling visceral agony

"Ah-ooo~," whispered Frank unhelpfully.

Your hands are growing cold, I won't let them take you from me

A small flame leapt up from the son of Hephaestus's hand, and he smiled to himself. He had warmth, and as long as he had warmth, those around him had warmth.

Hazel shot him and the flame in his palm an odd look.  

I'm slipping from my head, I'm anchored by your skin

It's a nightmarish game, but, together, will win

'Cause I see you and it's the only thing that's keeping me alive

So much PDA between the specified couple. Damn. Have they no boundaries?

"We get it," mumbled Piper. "You're in love and glad to have each other. But please say something, the silence is eating us alive."

"What was that?" asked Jason.

"Nothing."

And I can feel your hand and suddenly I'm not so terrified

And I'd give anything to ease the panic in your eyes

Into the darkness we will fight

Percy aimed finger guns at the person. Pew pew.

The person aimed their own back. Pew pew pew.

The smoke is billowing

And now it's hard to see

Jason took his glasses off and whipped the lenses.

Please don't let go

More hand squeezing.

The panic's slipping over, caging me

Blackened waves crashing through

Annabeth silently sips that coke she got earlier. (Did she have coke? I don't remember. Well, she does now.)

I'm losing grip of you

Seriously, they're doing a lot of hand squeezing. Doesn't it ever get sweaty?

Please stay with me

Follow my voice and we will make it through

'Cause I see you and it's the only thing that's keeping me alive

Wake me up, wake me up inside, can't wake up, wAKE ME UP INSIDE-

-Leo's mind at the moment

And I can feel your hand and suddenly I'm not so terrified

And I'd give anything to ease the panic in your eyes

Into the darkness we will fight

And I'd give anything to ease the panic in your eyes

Into the darkness you and I

"Together," he said.

Into the darkness you and I

"Together," she agreed.