Chapter seventeen: Hunted

The alien, that had opened the door was now running into the cabin again, hearing gunshots in their direction. The only war cry of the leader of the capture team was heard trough the shots that were fired upon the small house.

The war was now started as the end was now getting more and more close. The only thing that stopped it from starting was the door of the treehouse. There is not much to do now, just like before now it is something to wait for.

The newcomer was terrified, the door was now shut but the gunshots were halting them from moving. The outer being was now trying to make no noise, as the stillness now roamed the cabin and the forest.

There is not much that could be executed, not with what was going on. The chief will be pleased, the said creature is alone, ready for the take. Their team was now slowly moving in, ready to attack the cabin that held the monster far away from them.

On the other side of the forest, in a hose, there were the children that all had a sick sentiment concerning what was going on in their back. But of course, the kids had to get the house ready so they had to help out.

Once they were all into the making of the house, the television was put on, only to hear that something was going on in the woods.

The small group could only watch the television, terrified, paralyzed from the flashing images of what was going on. No one dared to move a muscle, they were all buckled up in front of the screen, ready to jump at the screen.

They were terrified for the new friend they made in a few days, in a few weeks that gave only a month in the summertime. So much time had passed and yet, they didn't know that the alien was indeed their friend.

The screen was shaking in fear and anticipation for the escape of the being that was in front of them. The plants were slowly dying, being shot by the weapons.

The world was at there peak, questioning what was in front of them, what was that creature? Some took the side of the children that knew of them, while another part took the side of the underground team, the thing should die!

The screen was showing the hidden war that was going on. The alien was getting ready to run for it, even though the team was outside of the door. The gunshots were what the screen was seeing with the treehouse in their aim.

The whole world was cheering on for their side, waiting for the ultimate winner to get out victorious of the fight. Even though there is not much that they could do, not being heard, the alien seemed to notice an unknown determination rising in their body.

The only thing that stopped them from getting attacked was the hardwood door that was the only exit and entry of the treehouse. Deciding that they had enough, the team put the treehouse on fire, needing to put the alien on fire.

The outer being sensed the heat, acting fast, deciding to exit the roof by breaking the wood that was not that resistant to them. Once the alien gathered their health flower, that produced two flowers, and so, two doses of healing for dangerous injuries.

The alien broke a hole in the roof by jumping on the pole that was close to the roof. Once they took in their swing the roof broke, making the sound of wood breaking and falling to the ground. They made a run for it in the trees, not knowing that they were being followed.

The thing that was going on in the screen was only the smoke and the treehouse burning, the team noticed the reporters, to warn them to leave by breaking the camera they had. The team was running away from the military team that was running in the direction of the alien.

The kids didn't believe what was going on. The alien will be captured by them! They had to do something before it turns into a killing ground for both sides, but they cannot leave the house.

They could only watch for what was going on, that is since a reporter decided to use their second camera and followed the team and the creature that was running away.

Even though they had to stay hidden, there were great images that would be published soon enough, once they get back to the screen. The images were back on showing the running team.

Once they were a little further into the forest, the team started to shoot at the beast that was trying to run away from them. Once they had actually landed a shot, purple goo flew around the wound they made to it.

The alien was in pain, being hit on the leg, which made them run as fast as a human now. They were still running, making a line of melted leaves and soil in their direction, the wound being dangerous to their life.

They ran for a little more longer before stopping straight, there was a cliff and so, so escape for them death was now the only escape. They had to get the outer being now, it was in pain. The beast was looking scared around them, they couldn't find any health flowers, they had fallen while they were running away from the team. They were now in danger, not having anything to patch up the wounds to stop the bleeding.

Once the team had cornered the being in front of the cliff, it turned around to only go closer to the edge, waiting for the right moment. On the screen, it was showing the epic showdown of the end of the small fight that was going on between them, they were now going to make it end. The end of the chase will now be decided. Who will win and who will fall was going to be told, not only between the alien and the team, but the whole world too.

There was now going to be the final act that will determine the end of the space flight that was going on for so long. The alien heard a weird sound behind them, looking behind them there was a floating metal thing in the air.

The alien scared walked a little away from the edge, before turning around to see the rest of the team, they decided on the spot something, nodding in the way of the screen as if to say that they would be fine to someone behind it. They then started to run to the end of the cliff.

The next thing they had done surprised the whole team ant the people behind the screen, they jumped off of the cliff. They heard a weird sound on top of them, to only be brought back up, they were quite confused by what was going on.

They were looking around to notice the metal thing that was holding them by something, the blood making it melt. Noticing that it was melting, they dragged the goo-like-blood around them to try and melt the net. They succeeded, only to fall in a cage, they were mad, the goo had stopped making them useless now. They could only watch as they were being dragged away by the team, their head hang low in defeat that they were captured.

A small portion of the world cheering that it was captured, and the kids that were crying for their friend being captured and dragged away from them. They could do nothing now, that is at least what they thought until Clay got up and ran to the phone. He was going to get the alien out of there.

Only to hear a gasp on the screen, the alien was now still on the run, trying to get away from the team all over again, will this time be able to evade and hide?

1355 words