Chapter 43

Xiao Zhan's POV
I took a deep breath and walked to the room where the competition would take place. I tried to calm my frazzled nerves repeating a few encouraging words over and over again.
A few days ago My shijie came to me showing me a flyer of competition. They were searching for new and unknown artists. During the competition, the competitors need to keep hidden their identity and face too. She insisted me to take part.

It was a difficult decision, first, he was already working with his uncle and second his precious baby needs his time. Yibo is managing the company so if he too gets busy then it would be difficult to spent time with his family. He wanted to pursue his dream but he can't neglect his family.

Shijie tried to convince me but I was determined. She suggested me to have a talk with my uncle and Yibo. Later at dinner, I told them about the competition.
"You are going to participate and that's final" uncle responded, offering no further explanation.

Yibo and Kuan ge agreed with him and my Yuan started jumping on his seat.
Later at night Yibo encouraged me.
" It's a good Chance Zhan. At least take a part in the competition. We will see what the future has for us.
We will not force you but we all want you to pursue your dream. And my mom's dream too.."

In the morning during work uncle told me that he was happy that I am following my dream. He hugged me and patted my back. It feels so good to have elders support. He is like a father figure to me. He doesn't say much but his gestures show that he accepted me as his own family. Sometimes I feel like I am lucky to have such caring friends, supportive family, and loving husband.

                              ----------------------

I dragged my one hand down on my face and other was carrying a small bag and paused in front of the door.

"Okay then" I mumbled "just do your best!  believe in yourself!"

His phone vibrated at his pant. He takes out, there was a message.
"All the best my love.. Don't be nervous. Do your best..!!"
It was Yibo. He couldn't come to drop him as he was busy today.

I turned the knob and walked inside the room.
He introduced himself to organizers Zhan bowed briefly. They welcomed him and gave a mask to cover his face and attached a number card at his shirt. Now, this number is his identity. He signed few documents and after that, they led him to a room where he will perform his talent. Till this moment he has no idea what he is going to paint. He tried to think of many thinks but nothing caught his interest. So he decided he will paint whatever his heart will say that moment.

It was a big room with a small bed and a cupboard. On the left, there is an open balcony and on the right corner, a washroom. All over a good place for an artist to perform a task. I put the bag on the cupboard.

They gave me 2 days to complete the painting. Well it will not be enough for artists but that's the challenge and he wants to win.
He took a deep breath and let my body relaxed.
He has paint, brushes, and a blank canvas. All he needs to do his best and put life in a blank white canvas.

He holds the brush and closes his eyes.
He decided what he is going to paint...
Love.
It was difficult but he was determined even he fails he will gift it to his love.
He giggled at his idiotic thought.
He dips the brush in red color. The red color of love...

He started filling the life of color in blank white canvas, carving his imagination into reality.

He forgot everything while painting, he was flooding in his own world

I heard a knock.. Now I realized I haven't eaten anything.
"Yes..."
"Mr. 10 there is a parcel for you. "
"Okay come in"

I received the parcel and the boy left.
There was a note attached to the top.
"My love. Don't forget to eat. And take a nap. Don't exhaust yourself. You are precious "
Ahhh my heart ,keep beating!!

I opened the box there are my favorite snacks, green tea, chocolates, and hot chicken soup inside the flask.

I can't use my cellphone to reply as I wasn't allowed to bring any device inside this room. I ate my dinner silently. I went to the washroom, wash my face, and came out much energetic and fresh.

I walked to the balcony. The sun was settling down painting the sky in yellow-orange. I missed Yibo. I want to finish this painting and run to his arms.

I walked back and stand before the canvas.
I rinse paintbrush again in the cup. His brush moved on canvas trailing color behind it.

He was always fascinated by this talent, create something beautiful with the movement of a hand. It was like creating your own type of magic.
The way brushes and pencils moved across a canvas to create another world... it truly fascinated him.

When I looked outside it was already dark. I sighed and put the brushes at the table. I checked the clock.
It's 3 already. I take out my bag from the cupboard and changed into a black short and light pink T-shirt.
I lay in bed and tried to get a nap. After 10 min of trying I realized that I can't sleep in the bed where my yibo is not beside me. I sighed.
Now I can't sleep without him even for one day. I missed him terribly.
'Miss you, my love. Good night..!"

!"

No proofreading

No proofreading.