Chapter 49

Author's POV

The night was dark and thunder had been rumbling outside a small cottage.
A man was crying holding a person who was injured.
"Please don't leave me.. I love you.. You can't do this. You promised that we will live together forever. "

"Leave me You faggot. This is all because of you" The injured man spat.
The man cried holding him dearly.
"I am sorry... I am sorry. I don't want you to be a murderer... I am sorry. "
"Hunh. and what about them who killed my mother. " He spilled amount of blood.

"Please save him. I am begging you. Please... I am sorry What I did... I will take all the blame just save him. Please..." The man pleaded.
"Medics will be here in a min. " officer Li announced. "But we have to arrest you and others. You all we're involved in the act of crime."
The latter nodded.
Soon medics arrived and they took the injured man.
"Wait..." Xiao Zhan said loudly.
Officer Li stopped.
"Robert.. I want to know. Why you did this...??? We clearly heard that you never wanted to hurt us and you stopped him to hurt Uncle. Then why did you joined him...??"
"You heard us...??? What do you mean " Robert said with a confusing look.
" We already knew about your plan," Zhan said calmly.  Robert was shocked by hearing the statement.
Flashback
At police Station
"Why you wanted to meet us...???" Yibo said angrily. Zhan holds Kibo's hand to calm him down.
"I don't want to hurt you anymore. I know What I did was wrong. But I want to do something good as I can leave peacefully here. All of your faces, your cares, a families love is haunting me. Now I realize what I lost." A single test flowed from her cheeks, Wen Qing was ashamed of herself. How she tried to destroy her own happy family.
Zhan and Yibo were silent. They didn't console her nor said anything in reply.

"A person came here to meet me. He said he needs some information about your family. In return, he will bail me out. He wasn't the boss, he was working for someone else."
This was shocking for both of them. They looked at each other. Fear and concern were visible in their eyes.
"But I didn't reveal anything. I did wrong and I deserve punishment. But He will try to harm You. You can get officer Li's help to look for his face. They must record the entrance." She looked at both of them and said, " I am sorry..."
They heard her but couldn't trust her. They walked out and Told the officer Li everything.
Officer checked the footage of that particular time and what they saw was unbelievable.
It was Robert. Yibo was angry. He said Officer to arrest him. But Officer said they can't prove anything against him. They need evidence."
Flashback ends.

"Then we made a plan to catch the real culprit. We knew that you won't harm us directly. Because you were living with us for a month but you didn't do anything to harm us. We planned to lure the main mastermind. So Officer Li suggested us to track your movement but we find nothing. Sengyoun gave us a few devices. The batch you were wearing had a hidden mic and camera. When we planned a trip to Ge's birthday. We heard that you call the main culprit and told him about our trip. He asked you to kidnap Uncle. We also heard that you were convincing him to stop this madness. We told everything to others. It was enough proof to bring you jail. But Uncle said we need to find the real person.
We were not ready to risk his life but He said we all are here so he doesn't have to worry. Officer Li appointed his staff as a waiter here.
And At the resort, we knew that gave money to the manager to help you. We already talked to the staff of this resort. They all are our men. We knew your every move. And later at night when you told the waiter to mix sleeping pills on our Juices. We knew it and we acted like we were sleepy. We all knew about everything from the start. When you brought unconscious uncle here with those two men. They called us immediately. We were following you closely and officer Li, Kuan Ve, and Xue yang were already hiding in the cottage. And then finally the person we were waiting for to fall in our trap came." Zhan revealed the truth.
Flashback.