fifty

Elle McBriar
June 12th, 1 year and 202 days since the first zombie report

My wedding was today...

TODAY!

And half and today was spent trying different hairstyles with my dry hair.

My wedding is at 5 and it's 3...

"I don't know. I like it but it's kind of ugly." Penny laughed.

We had a few wines. And by a few I mean, 3 bottles between the 3 of us.

Megan wasn't drinking because of her breast milk, more for us!

"Yeah true. My face looks too round. I giggled, hiccuping slightly.

"Paxton is going to DIE when he sees you. I'll probably cry." Megan sobbed, tightening my dress strap.

"Okay women, we need to stop stalling. I need to go practice my lines and you need to finish writing your vows." Megan said, pointing at me, "Yeah yeah, go let your baby suck your tit."

I ate 6 crackers and have had 1 bottle of wine plus some of Penny's so I'm good.

I slipped into my dress and then Elaine zipped it up. Both the girls fan-girled and wiped away their tears as I did a spin.

"Okay okay, hair and makeup and then shoes!"

As they fussed over my hair, I tapped my pen against my notepad. All I had to do was finish a few lines, but I didn't know how to end it.

"Do you know what you're gonna write?" Penny asked, putting a clip into my hair.

I shook my head, "No idea. There's too many things I want to say that I can't write down."

Elaine shrugged, "Then don't write vows. Just say what comes to your head. Speak from your heart."

* * *

Elaines words played in my heart as Megan recited the words.

My heart was beating so fast.

Paxton was staring intensely at me, eyes narrowed, a smirk lingering on his lips.

I couldn't help but stare at him.

He looks so sexy. A black suit, dress pants, white shirt and black tie.

My dress was a simple white one that stopped above my knee. I wore simple heels and a garter that Pax was yet to see.

We spoke our vows, and promised to love each other through sickness and in health.

Riley walked up to us and handed us the rings. I wiped away a tear as Paxton placed the diamond ring on my finger.

It sparkled as it hit the sunlight.

I slid the gold band around Paxtons finger and he flexed it, showing it off to Alex.

"You may now kiss the bride."

And kissing him, felt like the first time. I loved him all over again. It was a strange feeling. Foreign yet beautiful.

Like I'd been touched by an angel.

Alex was clapping and making kissing noises while the girls cried.

"We're officially married." Paxton whispered in my ear as my arms clung to his neck.

I giggled and pulled away from him.

"Oh my God, I can't believe it!" Penny squealed, jumping up and down.

It was all surreal.

Even though it was small, I couldn't have asked for anything more!

Married at 18, is that even legal? Well, it is now!

"I would just like to say- this experience has been so fucking weird. I met Elle on her own, navigating her way through a zombie apocalypse by herself. At first, I didn't like her. Thought she'd be a drag to the team- I was so wrong."

"That you were." Alex whistled.

"I never thought I could love someone as much as I love you." He said, looking into my eyes.

"Their babies are going to be so damn cute." Megan giggled.

"After everything we've been through, we've been by each other's sides and I couldn't ask for a better partner in crime."

"If I had the chance to go back in time and never have gone through what we've gone through, I wouldn't change it for the world."

"One thing I will say though, don't talk to strangers."

* * *