Chapter Twenty Three: Breathing their Last

Hey guyssssss👋🏽, I'm here again. So I got nominated at the 9JA readers choice awards under the best Hausa book category 😂😂. So please go and keep nominating me for other categories and that particular category. I'll be grateful.

Happy Reading.

"Opeyemi."

I said her name to alert her as I walked further into her office, the door had been left open. She raised her head to smile at me from the sheaf of papers that she was signing.

"BeebahShe!" She called out happily, "How are you? Missed the bustle of Abuja?" I smiled and sat down in front of her, crossing my legs. She put her pen down and smiled widely at me, looking me over in appreciation. I chuckled, my agent is amazing.

"You had fun?" I nod in satisfaction. Goron Dutse was beautiful in it's own quaint way, quiet, cold evenings, warm mornings, food cooked over open fire, smokey Jollof rice and i tell her so.

"You look it, see your glow na. You just lost weight," She waves her hands. "But that's fine, no pain no gain. The gain here is more than the pain." I laughed out loud at her words. I was supposed to lose some weight to get fit, so she liked the fact that she killed two birds with one stone without speaking. I lost weight and I acted in a big budget movie.

"I hope Teni was not too hard on you? She's known to be a strict one." She leaned back to watch me, her bejeweled turban caught some of the sunlight and sparkled and caught fire. I smiled at the sun's antics as I thought of Teni as a director and part executive producer.

"No, Teni cannot be described as strict. She's far better described as a thorough perfectionist. She has a picture of the scene in her head and you have to fit that picture." I answered her question with a sigh. Teniola is sorely misunderstood.

"Alright, she gave you glowing reviews. So, my heart is at peace." I barely felt my eyes widening in excitement, She gave a good review? Oh, Alhamdulillah. That means I did well or did something well.

Opeyemi just laughs and pulls out a stack of spiral binded A4 size journals and hands them to me. Before taking the black cover off the first one, I know what it is. Scripts. My heart soars, if I knew I'd get these type of benefits, I'd have gotten an agent a long time ago.

"Those are three that I thought are best suited to you. One is a Hausa teacher series set in Lagos, married to an Igbo man, it's funded by the federal government. It would be nice to do it. They don't begin shooting until late next year, so just familiarize yourself with the script. The other four are all set here in Abuja and Kano. One is a series where you get to be a twin. Just read through, and choose."

I nod in agreement and put them down on the table, clasped my hands and braced my chin on the clasped hands. She must have noticed the way my eyes look, that she asks me what's wrong.

"Would it be a disaster if I got divorced right now?" She had been leaning in, her hands braced on the table but after my question, she nearly fell down.

"Beebah. What is wrong? You don't just up and leave your Marriage." When she saw how my face changed, she got up and pulled me towards the sofa set in another part of her wide office. I sat beside her and sighed deeply.

"I've had it coming. I finalized my decision last night." She nods, opens her mouth, shuts it and then swallows with a sad shake of her head.

"What has been happening? Is it bad? I need to know so that when anything pours out there on the internet, I can find a way to shut it up." I nod. She needs to know anyways.

"Well, right before Ramadan, you know he got married again." I begin and she nods. "We have been having problems before then, monies going missing and things like that. You get." She nods again with another deep sigh.

Misfortunate (Completed)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara