Chapter Thirty Eight: Upheaval

Hey guyssssss💃🏿💃🏿💃🏿💃🏿, I'm here again. Here's another chapter for your reading pleasure so please leave a comment. Those of you that tried to guess Bashir's thoughts. Nah-uh, y'all lost out sorry.

"Ten."

Jibike cheered very hard and helped me back into my wheel chair happily. I smiled up at her and she smiled back, echoing my happy sentiment. Huda who was sitting in the corner was making a video of me.

"How do you feel today Ms Labeebah?" I smiled at the camera, the small hand held camera that looked nothing like a camera but the film that came from it was clear as day.

"Excited. Grateful. Alhamdulillah." I replied with all my teeth out in a wide smile. Jibike patted me and pushed me to a corner before taking out the clipboard to note down some things.

Huda turned off the camera and hugged me, sweaty body and all and I leaned in on her in comfort. She ruffled my scarf and after I finished my formalities with Jibike, she pushed me out of the room. I got to know a two weeks back that my father, I still haven't gotten used to saying and giving him that title, bought those machines and each one cost at least thirty million. They're supposed to be in hospitals and are going to be sold or donated afterward but it still touched a certain part of me that someone wanted to have something to do with me.

"What would you like for lunch?" I thought through my lunch choices and asked for a fruit platter with Greek yogurt. I'd gained a lot of weight lying in bed and I needed to lose it and fast.

"So, Ya Imran asked of you today." I stopped the action of putting a cut strawberry in my mouth and frowned.

"Why? His wife was pretty mad he wheeled me around all day that day and frankly I understand her." She chuckled and asked me a question typical to Huda.

" What should you do if he asked your hand in marriage?" I eyed her and hissed out a No. She asked with a faux mocking look and laugh, making me even more infuriated.

"First, I hate family marrying family. You know it puts the kids birthed in danger and two, he just got married less than a year and a half ago, at least that was what his wife would tell anyone ready to listen at Kaka's party. I don't want any entanglement Abeg. May God forbid bad thing." She giggled and reached out to pinch my cheek.

"He didn't say so, I just wanted to hear your opinion. Fret not." I didn't reply, I just leaned down, took off my flip flops and pelted her in the face with it. It hit her square on the face and abandoned laughter bubbled out of her. I stopped and stared for a moment, feeling very thankful, so I blew her a kiss.

"So, what are you doing for your birthday?" She asked when she had calmed down. The last time she asked me that question, I was Ina really bad place and I had no idea what to do with my life. Now, I feel like I have a new lease of life. In the past one month, I've taken an online course and memorized the remaining part of the Qur'an I left from my Islamiyya days and I've finally gotten my favorite Surah, Surah Yusuf calms me, hands me tranquility and hope that Allah is the best of planners for me and my life.

"I was thinking of doing a photoshoot before then, and flooding the internet with my pictures, modest ones might I add and tell the world that I'm back." She nodded and went to get her iPad and returns with the gold cased tablet and begins to tap at it.

"I can post some with my blog, have you sit with me and you can talk about all you've experienced. I know there are women out there who need guidance. I'm sure of it." She says and I nod. I know that.

"All these plans are subject to Kaka's approval of course." I stared out the window and watched the sun beat down on the courtyard with a sigh. I have no idea what life outside this bubble will be like

******

"Dad!"

Bashir sternly turned to his daughter and arched a brow at her. He just told them that he found out about Labeebah and while the older siblings were agreeable, Falmata refused to accept it.

"What kind of thing is this? Is this why Mammi has been crying? You cheated on her! Oh Allah." She cupped her face and Bashir tamped down on the need to roll his eyes, it dawned on him that dramatics ran in the family genes.

"Before I ever met your mom, I married someone else, we had limited time together, we divorced and now we have a daughter. She's late now but our daughter is alive." Falmata shook her head over and over, tears running down her cheeks much to Bashir's annoyance, he sighed, pursed his lips and asked her why she was crying like he had just fallen over dead.

"I'm no longer going to be the apple of your eyes. What am I supposed to do?" He finally gave in to the need to roll his eyes and rolled his eyes twice. Falmata had just turned seventeen but she was a little child at heart and he didn't know what to do with her.

"So, Baba, is she coming to live here?" His first son, Bilal asked carefully. He had just turned twenty one.

Bashir shook his head carefully and wondered how to say the bigger news he had brought to them. He sighed again and leaned on the sofa's head.

"Your mother and I are separating. It's final. No one should try to make me feel like I'm doing a bad thing, if you knew what she did too, you'd separate from her too. But I've kept her secret from you all for the sake of peace." He got up and left the room, the shouts and tears of Falmata echoing after him.

He walked to his room and shut the door after himself and went to his closet, picked out a black kaftan that emphasized his young look, picked an equally black cap to fit and wore his watch before leaving the room. He refused to spray the perfume Yaana bought him, knowing she used it to monitor him. He had indulged her craziness for over twenty years and he was sick and tired of it.

Yaana was a paranoid spirit. She was scared about everything, him leaving the house, becoming vice president, doing everything asides sitting at home and reassuring her of his love. He had grown tired of it long ago but he thought to always give her the respect he thought she deserved. Setting out to kill his daughter was the straw that broke the camel's back and he was never going back to that lifestyle.

As his ADC saluted him quietly when he reached the front door and asked with a whisper if he was going with Yaana. Bashir looked sharply at the ADC and walked past the young army officer angrily, making a mental note to change him as soon as possible, he was sure that ADC was one of Yaana's people.

At the car park, he picked the most inconspicuous of cars and called the least used driver to drive him. The other two drivers watched him, baffled. But this was Bashir Bakura's style, silently taking out targets. He didn't dawdle.

"What's your name?" He asked when he got into the car, they were driving to the president's chief of staff's house who had just lost his son, hence the reason he was going without his entire escort. 

"I'm called Aleeyu, sir." He replied slowly to Bashir. Bashir nodded over and over and looked out the window, changing his driver was the beginning of the entire upheaval that was about to be his life.

He was tired of trying to make things work, he wanted peace and peace he would have in any method possible.

*****

What do you guys think?

Please go back to comment if you haven't done so. I beg you.

See y'all later.

TheOmoope 💙💛