Chapter Forty Five: Forgiveness

This chapter is for my best girl, who's birthday is today (since the update night come on Saturday) LeemaLiyu, May God bless your new age now and forever ❣️❣️. Please say a prayer for her before you read this.

Please leave a comment ✨😭

"You get it completely. They don't know these clerics sometimes welcome people knowing they're moneybags. They twist out several types of information out if you to the point where you think they're telling you the absolute truth, when your only truth should be the Qur'an and your total and unequivocal trust in Almighty Allah." She shrugged and shook her head, putting her attention back on driving.

She turned on her blinkers, wound the steering and faced the road. Rabiah and I have video called several times but we haven't met in the past two weeks, she's been busy with her shop opening, while I've been trying to sort out my schedule.

"So what did your husband say?" I brought back the discussion to her, she turned to me with a smile that brightened her entire face.

"Baby just smiled and said that if my succeeding means I'm suing his glory or whatever? Then I better keep using it because he's not due for promotion at work until next year." I burst into loud spluttering laughter. Huda's husband is a different story for another day, he's just different in all of his doings.

"Since then, I've just shut up. All that remains is my liason trip to Switzerland and Maldives." I pointed out where she'd park for her and as she manouvered her car into the space I asked what the trip was for.

"Mainly such that when I draw designs, lace designs oo, I'm not anyone's fashion designer. I can send it to them, they can work on it and send it back the exact way I envisioned it for my client." I shook my head. My girls all have huge ideas, huge ideas that would swallow them up if they weren't the strong, amazing women that they were.

I took out the sunglasses I put in my bag earlier and placed it on my face, wound my veil around my face properly and looked at the sun visor to check if I could recognize my own self, nodding when I could see nothing. I was good to go.

"You're ready?" She asked, I nodded and walked after her into the air-conditioned mall. People were milling about when we reached Rabiah's store so we walked right into her office, not eveb stopping. Rabiah had opened a one stop store for all types of coffees.  Coffee beans from all sorts of places and grinders to make them finely ground, different types of coffee makers, even coffee creams were on display.

When we got in, we met Rabiah sorting out orders and after pleasantries, we joined in. Ending only after Zuhr, we went out to the mosque some blocks away from the mall, prayed and strolled back to the shop.

I slumped into the sofa when I got in and laid on it fully, I heard Huda hiss before she pushed me off the sofa and occupied half of it. "Can't you have sense?" I laughed at her anger and sat in the small space she left for me. From where I was, I could see the entirety of the store, it was decorated in brown earthy tones, glass shelves in some kind of brown that wasn't boring. Maybe Rabiah decorated it that way because the store was going to sell coffee and cocoa products.

"What are you looking at?" I turned and found them both staring at me. I just smiled and said Alhamdulillah, they both turned to me and echoed my words.

*†*****

"You're here? Your sister has been waiting since three." I widened my eyes at Iyamé asking with my eyes why she didn't call me, she shrugged and told me; "She told me not to call. I asked her four times."

I blinked at that statement, wondering what Falmata could be here to say to me. Iyamé entered the house before I did, no doubt to behave as though she didn't know I was coming in. When Iyamé can't tell me I have a guest in advance like this, she texts me a picture of the person.

I turned the knob, changed my slippers before alerting the girl sitting and playing with her fingers, she jumped the moment I stepped in her presence, leaving her bag on the chair. I removed my own bag from my arm in a bid to calm myself, because this is my only sister here. I don't know how to behave!

"Assalamualaikum?" She greeted tentatively. I nodded and replied her, asking her to sit while I sat in front of her. I saw Iyamé had given her a bottle of homemade juice that she didn't touch and the groundnuts and chinchin plate was left to air too, all the fight I was building in me died out almost immediately, this is a young girl, barely eighteen, what are you doing Labeebah scaring her like that for?

"I'm sure you're wondering why I'm here?" I didn't reply, I just watched her. She swallowed, I didn't break the silence.

"I'm here to apologise." She stopped and stared at me as though I was supposed to decipher what the apology was for because apart from declining to attend events I'll be attending, she has not done anything wrong to me.

"Apologize for what? What did you do?" I finally asked, to take out of the misery that so soaked her. Why? I have no idea.

"For all the wrongs we did to you. Your life is this way because of us. If we did not come into Baayi's life, maybe your mom and Dad would still be married and-" I made a sound and she stopped speaking. She is so little, has no idea of who should be apologising for what.

"This apology?" I swung my right index finger between us, the space between us about eight or ten feet wide. "Isn't yours to make. I have no fights, no grudges with you. Your mom made the decisions, she'll bear the brunt of it and as such should be the one making this apology. Not you, not your brothers." Tears spilled out of her eyes without warning and I groaned softly.

Why is this little girl killing herself over something that she knows nothing about? Why? But I didn't move to stop her tears, I let her cry it out.

"I'm sorry." She said again and something in me snapped but I reigned it in, surprising myself by widening my lips into a smile. She smiled back and somehow, I felt peace wash over me. Not forgiveness, but knowing that this little girl will go home, shed some fraction of the load that isn't hers that shes carrying around and sleep.

***
Hello guyssssss✨💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽How are you all doing? Missed me? Sorry I'm late, been so busy doing life things.

It's a dash in dash out, see y'all soon.

TheOmoope 💙💛