Chapter Thirty one: Working for Yaana

This chapter is a notification for you all to please go read my new book. It's titled, When Stars Collide.

Here's the blurb; When Hibatullah Abubakar meets Salman Baanziye, it's annoyance at it's very best at first sight.

Salman is a ball of fire, Hibatullah is the very definition of an Ice Queen. They were simply put, poles apart.

When destiny throws them together, Hibba and Salman navigate the world and sketch their love story, conquering various obstacles and leaving the world in awe of their love.

This is Hibba and Salman's tale of when their hearts collide.

Here's the cover,

Please go tap on my profile to find the book.

"Maama. I'm done for! Since Bakura knows, he'll want her back won't he?"

Her mother rolled her eyes, hard. She almost hissed, but she was too old to hiss so she clapped her hands with authority.

"Calm yourself down. Bakura himself is the least of your worries. His wife, who bore him two girls and a boy, who thinks our Labeebah is a threat to her children's inheritance, is your real worry." Labeebah's aunt nodded, her eyes red but wide with worry, but a word stuck with her, 'our'.

"What can I do then?" Her mother looked at her and shook her head, Hannatu could never shake off her real self, which overly timid and involved never taking actions until trouble shook and forced her to move, she had given some of that trait to Labeebah.

"We'll deal with this a step at a time. First, get that her husband to divorce her. Post haste." They looked at each other, Labeebah's aunt in the back seat beside her mother, her uncle in the front seat beside the assistant.

"Divorce her? Why?" The old lady shook her head at their slowness.  "That boy has been paid a salary every month, to be married to Labeebah. He has been paid to 'deal' with her. He has never acted on his own accord. He was planted in her life, he is supposed to be there to kill her and disappear from wherever he'll be found."

Their jaws dropped and silence reigned in the car for a few minutes whilst they absorbed the information. It was a little hard to imagine that something that they saw in the movies had come to sit with them in real life.

"How can we get him to divorce her? The police won't even arrest him!" Labeebah's aunt shouted. Her mother leaned back in the chair and thought over the plan she had formed in the way to Abuja, she remembered how while the dusty air of Abuja settled over her white lacy A-line gown, she had grasped hold of the decision that had come from an idea.

Instead of saying it out, she took her phone from her lap, typed into it furiously and when done, she passed it to her daughter. Labeebah's aunt wheezed when she read the first sentence.