CHAPTER 38💐

{It's from bad to worse}

                  🌹STACY POV🌹

"Clarissa? How is that even possible?" I ask.

"Dorothy can't be Clarissa." Arthur says.

"Exactly. She can never be Dorothy."

"Who is Clarissa?" Cynthia asked confused.

"That's a story for another day."

"Hey. I'm not saying she's Clarissa. Actually she had it on the day we both went to see her mother. I actually complimented the necklace and she said her mother got it for her but for some reasons her mom didn't like to see the necklace on her."

"Could it be that Beatrice was hiding something?"

"I really don't know but when her mom saw the necklace on her, her countenance changed. She didn't look comfortable seeing the necklace on her. She called Clarissa into the room privately and when she came out, the necklace was not on her neck."

"She could probably have taken it off. Maybe she was hiding something."

"Only Beatrice knows the truth and sadly, I guess the truth died with her."

I can't believe this. I closed my eyes as memories of the past filled my head.

              *          *        *       *

"Stacy. I can't believe we are finally out of highschool." She giggled.

"Yeah me too."

"I can't wait for us to finally get into college. I heard there are a lot of cute boys there and there are gonna be a lot of parties to attend."

"Seriously? Dora you never change."

"I'm still young Stacy. I gotta enjoy life. Should I wait till I get old, grow grey hair and have a  wrinkled face before I start enjoying life? Hell no! Life is short. You gotta make use of it why you still can." I rolled my eyes at her and chuckle at her speech.

"When are you gonna have a boyfriend? You know you need to have some real fun like, break that damn virginity. Being a virgin at eighteen is so not cool."

"What's wrong with being a virgin? I'm so not ready. And besides, it has to be with someone I love and I haven't found any."

"I really don't believe in that word 'love'. Its bullshit." She sighed.

"Dorothy do you really have to go?" I asked already feeling sad.

"Don't give me that look. Its just a two weeks vacation and its not like I'm going forever."

"I'm gonna miss you." I hugged her.

"Hey Stacy, remember we are gonna be best friends for life. I got you something." She brought out two pairs of necklaces.

"Oh my God these are beautiful!"

"No matter where ever I may be, I will still be in your heart." She smiles as she joined the two half heart pendants to form one heart.

"Let me try it on." She helped me put the necklace on my neck and I did same for hers.

"Now I feel really bad for not getting you a gift. I'm gonna get you one when you get back." I smile.

"I'll be waiting then."

"Let's go."

"A plane said to be headed to Australia has crashed ten minutes after take off. Investigations are still been carried out as to what may have caused the plane crash. It was gathered that only a few survived while the rest were burned beyond recognition..."