CHAPTER 43💐

{It's from bad to worse}

                🌹CALEB POV🌹

I rush to the doctor as he came out of the hospital room.

"Doctor how is my wife and my baby?" I ask him anxiously.

"I'm really sorry but we tried all our best. Its best you say your last words to her so we can call for time of death." I felt tears slip out of my eyes. Stacy can't be dead. I look at Arthur beside me, he was already in tears.

My whole world is about to crumble right in front of me. Stacy is my world, my life revolves around her and life without her would be so meaningless.

"What do you mean you tried your best? Doctor do something my wife can't be dead." I gripped unto his collar.

"She has been undergoing cardio pulmonary resuscitation for over an hour now but still no response. You should go see her." I push the doctor aside and walk into the room.

There she was the love of my life lying lifeless on the bed. A nurse was still busy doing chest compressions while the other was pumping oxygen in her mouth but she wasn't responding.

The doctor signalled for them to leave us. I sat beside her bedside and held her hands. She felt cold.

"Stacy you can't leave me. Remember you promised to stay with me. You promised to be the first face I see when I wake up. Stacy is this how you are keeping your promise? I love you so much. You can't do this to me. I can't live without you Stacy. Please come back to me." I cried.

"Stacy... you can't do this to me. I love you so much."

     *      *      *

She sobs as she walks away almost reaching the boarder between the dead and the living.

"Stacy... you can't do this to me.I love you so much."

"Caleb?" She mutters looking back.

"Stacy what are you doing here?" She turned around and saw her dad. He was dressed in an all white gown.

"Dad? Are you dead?"

"Yes Candy, and you can't be here. You have to go back. That young man needs you more than ever now."

"Dad how is that even possible? How can you die?" She burst into tears.

"My days on earth were numbered Stacy and that is why I came back to ask for your forgiveness and that of your mom. And now that you have forgiven me, I died a fulfilled man." He smiles.

"Dad I can't leave you here. You can't be dead."

"Take care of your mother for me. If there is one thing I know Stacy, its that Caleb loves you more than the way I loved your mother. Now go back."

"Dad..."

"Go back Stacy, you don't belong here."

"Dad!" She cried running back...

    *        *      *

            🌹CALEB POV🌹

I held unto her hands as I wet the bedsheets with tears. God I feel so empty without her.

I felt her hands move as I raised my head to look at her face. She is breathing and the heart monitor was already moving in rhythms.

I rushed out to call the doctor.

"Doctor my wife is alive. She just started breathing and her hands moved."

The doctor and the nurses rush inside to confirm what I just said.