Chapter 5

Everyone was in a moment of silence.
Then, when Ariel was about to say something, Everyone started to look elsewhere as if they did something wrong, except for Countess Paris.
Ariel looked at the countess with a smile.
▶Ariel: ".... As expected from a Countess. "
▶Countess Paris: "May I ask lady Ariel something?"
▶Ariel: "Oh! Please do! "
▶Countess Paris: "Why didn't you appear at the coming of age party? Not only that, but you haven't attended your debutant, and have been absent in every noble social gathering. you could have followed your mother, couldn't you?" 
Everyone was shocked and surprised at how Countess Paris was frank and straightforward.
Ariel smiled faintly.
▶Ariel: "...... Interesting! I Like that. Since you asked me frankly...." 
"Well, I wonder if Countess wants me to answer you honestly and frankly or shall I just sugar coat my answer,"   Ariel said with a smile.
▶Baroness: "ARIEL! How dare you! "
▶Countess Paris: "Baroness Kaylee. I respect people who tell me the truth, no matter how bad it is." "I asked Lady Ariel because I've heard a different kind of rumours about her, since you haven't been to any of the social gatherings, and no one has ever seen you."
"And I came here to meet you and know the truth. Because from what I see there is nothing wrong with you."
Countess Paris is an active member of the high social gathering society. She is a Proud woman, frank and honest. She only believes what she sees.
▶Ariel: "It's an honour to be checked on by the very popular Countess Paris." 
Ariel looked at the Baroness and Carney. The Baroness was extremely nervous about how Ariel will answer. However, she tried to hide her nervousness.
▶Ariel: "I don't want to say that I wasn't feeling good or sick in general, because that would be a lie. I don't want to lie to myself anymore...Therefore, my answer is... It's because I didn't have the courage. I didn't have confidence in myself. I hated myself for that, and I didn't love myself enough, therefore I couldn't meet anyone."
Everyone opened their eyes wide and looked at Ariel in a daze. However, Baroness Kaylee wasn't happy at all.
▶Countess Paris: "........ That was an honest answer."
Ariel smiled faintly.
▶Ariel: "Hehe. I hope I didn't scare Countess Paris with my answer. I assure you that I've changed."
▶Countess Paris: "Hohohoho... Oh god! Yes, you did, but it made me like you, and you made me curious." "However, Lady Ariel I advise you to not show your cards no matter how honest you want to be. It might shock you to death."
▶Ariel: "Yes, I'll make sure to follow your advice. I thank Countess Paris for her concern."
▶Countess Paris: "Then, does that mean I'll be able to see you at the upcoming of age party, right?!"
The upcoming age party was usually held in the castle every year and it was also a debutant party for the ladies and gentlemen to the high society. Therefore, it is an important ceremony for all ladies and gentlemen, who are between the age of 19 and 22. Especially for the ladies who could enter the castle, and find a suitable partner. Since Ariel didn't show up for the last 3 years' party, this was the last chance for Ariel to be able to attend.
Ariel smile faintly.
▶Ariel: "Hehe, yes I'll make sure to be there."
[Countess Paris can attend because she is going as a parent.]
▶Countess Paris: "Hoho, I'm excited already. Therefore, hope to see you again soon, Lady Ariel."
Ariel bent in courtesy and smiled. Countess Paris nodded. Countess Paris was so satisfied and was excited about what the future is holding up for Ariel.
After the guests left. Ariel headed quickly to her room. And then...