Chapter 14

Ariel walked towards her room with Bency's help. Following behind them Duke Alin and behind Duke Alin Carney followed secretly.
When Ariel and Bency arrived at the room. Ariel asked for Duke Alin to wait outside. However, Duke Alin wanted to enter the room with them. He was putting excuses that he was worried that Bency would attack Ariel since she's injured or that he would be a witness or a guard in case something happened. However, Ariel declined him.
▶Ariel: "Duke Alin, no matter what title Bency is holding she is still a girl who would get embarrassed in front of anybody when she gets scolded. So please don't worry and please understand." Duke Alin gave up then agreed to wait outside till Ariel is done scolding Bency. Duke Alin was curious about how Ariel would scold someone. Duke Alin wanted to see all sides and colours of Ariel. Just thinking about Ariel puts duke Alin in a good mood. Carney watched Duke Alin's happy and excited expression. Carney felt so furious. Carney then started thinking of how to deal with Bency. Carney thought how stupid Ariel is, to forgive Bency. Since Bency knows all Carney's evil doings and plans, she decided to act pathetic, and like she had no choice but to do so and pull Bency to her side again. When Bency came out from Ariel's room and Duke Alin went inside. Carney quickly took Bency to her room and locked the door.
▶Carney: "Oooh~ dear Bency~ please forgive me~ I really had no choice~ please, believe me, ~ you know how dear you are. You know how dear you are to my heart we've grown up together and came to this house together since we were young. How could I abandon you~ Please please forgive me~ " said Carney while sobbing and weeping fakely. Bency stared at her then let out a deep sigh.
▶Bency: "Oh~ Dear Lady Carney ~ how could I be angry at Lady Carney. Don't worry I understand Lady Carney so well~ no matter what Lady Carney says or do I'll always support lady Carney." said while weeping.
▶Carney: "Oh~ Bency ~ you are so sweet I knew it I have no one else but you, my dear~" Carney hugged Bency tightly. ▶Carney: (heh how easy.)
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
Inside Ariel's room, there was like a small waiting room for guests and sometimes it's used to drink tea or read books. 
Duke Alin entered Ariel's room and sat in front of Ariel in the waiting room. Duke Alin couldn't stop smiling. He was kind of different from the first time Ariel met him. Ariel looked at him awkwardly.
Ariel was not used to dealing with the opposite gender face to face alone, even in her past life. She was always was surrounded by females only. She went to an all-girls school and college and only had girls' friends, except males from her family were kind of alright but still awkward because she doesn't deal with them or meets them that often. The first time where Ariel met the duke was alright because there were lots of people, it was an open space and there were lots of things that caught her attention and distracted her. However, now...
Ariel felt more awkward and embarrassed because he was staring at her happily... . Ariel decided to think of him as if he was her brother, Anthony. Ariel poured Duke Alin some tea.
▶Ariel: " So? What's the important subject which made Duke Alin wants to meet so urgently?!."
▶Alin: "You said that, if we meet again you would let me know your name. So once I knew from Mrs. Pax that she knows you, I immediately wanted to meet you."
Ariel paused and stared at Duke Alin for a while, then she burst into laughter. She couldn't believe that a duke would act like that. With his well-built body and his personality and his act didn't match at all, Ariel thought it was cute. Duke Alin blushed as Ariel was laughing.
▶Ariel: " So! You came all the way here to just know my name?!" Duke Alin blushed.
▶Ariel: "However, Duke Alin now knows my name. So I think you are done now!"
▶Alin: "Oh! No, I wish for a proper introduction! I mean not the courtesy and all that formal things... What I mean is I want to know more about Lady Ariel I want to know what's Lady Ariel likes and dislikes what's your interest and if you... Have someone you admire... If Lady Ariel doesn't mind?"
Ariel stared at Duke Alin silently for a while. Then she held her teacup.
▶Ariel: "I am Ariel Miller Alexon. I'm 22 this year. I have 4 younger siblings, 3 brothers and 1 baby sister... And I think you know the new member of the family, you just met her. What I like and dislike I believe that Duke Alin would know by the time. My interest is to live happily... And whether I have someone I admire... I don't have any." Duke Alin's face brightened he thought that he had a chance to chase after Ariel. Ariel stared at Duke Alin's happy face for a while. Ariel put her teacup on the table and suddenly stood up.
▶Ariel: "Duke Alin... I like you, however, ... I'm not sure if I love you, no, I actually, don't know what does love means and how love is supposed to be like. I don't want to say I love you when I'm not, just because Duke Alin is chasing after me, or think to take the chance to get the title of Duchess. I don't like that. That would be unfair for Duke Alin and it would be so cruel. I admit that I thought of you for a while when we first met. I believe it was because I have never interacted with anyone for a long time and I felt lonely. I'm really thankful for Duke Alin's help and sincere feeling. I think It would be hard to find someone like Duke Alin. However, ... I  ... I actually... have always wanted to have an older brother like you ... So... If Duke Alin doesn't mind... Will, you be... By my side as a friend or a brother at least?"
Duke Alin let out a deep sigh and smiled.
▶Alin: "You... Haha really... Mrs. Pax is always damn right... May I call you Ariel ?"
▶Ariel: "Yes, of course!"
Duke Alin stood up and walked towards Ariel. He held her hands and made Ariel sit and he bent his knees while holding her hands.
▶Alin: "Ariel, I thank you for being honest with me. I admit that I have met lots of ladies out there and have been around many of them. I'm not that great as you think I am. However, meeting you made me feel something I have never felt before. I want to make you happy and smile, I want you to rely on me, and to do that, I have to change. I never thought of changing myself. However, you changed my mind. I want to change and be a better person for you. It's hard to stay by your side as a brother or a friend especially when I'm this kind of jerk who can't hold back his feelings. However, I think it's better to be by your side and be in your life than not to be at all. However, that doesn't mean that I have given up on you and stopped chasing after you. I don't want you to feel burdened or feel sorry for me. After all, it's my decision to chase after you. Be what you want to be. And do whatever you want to do. You always have my support."
Duke Alin brushed Ariel's hair and cheeks.
Ariel startled for a moment.
▶Alin: (Ariel, you don't know how much I treasure you, my love.)
Alin withdrew his hand and stood up.
▶Alin: " I have to go back now. When will you leave for the city?"
▶Ariel: "I think after five days..."
▶Alin: "Then after five days I'll come to pick you up. Do you mind me as your escort?"
▶Ariel: "O of course not..." Alin smiled faintly.
▶Alin: "Then... See you after five days. Hope to hear you call me by my name the next time I see you. And don't worry about Baron Miller, I'll inform him by myself about that."
Ariel nodded her head. Duke Alin smiled and left Ariel in a daze. She couldn't say anything or think of anything. It was Ariel's first time getting this kind of treatment. So her face was all red. Ariel covered her face with her hands.
▶Ariel: "Wa what is this? What just happened!!.......... Did I make the right decision?..... I wonder..."