Chapter 38

Kal headed out of the city leaving a note to Ariel that he had some urgent businesses to attend to and he would take his advisor with him. However, the truth is that he went alone without his advisor, any guards, or even an assistant. Ariel passed by Prince Kal's assistant and advisor office. She decided to stop by and ask his assistant something. However, she saw that his advisor was here and didn't go with prince Kal. Ariel asked them, and they said that prince Kal didn't have any business trip or urgent matters out of the city. Kal's assistant, advisor, and even butler said that they find it strange because he had never done that before. Ariel went back to her room and tried to relax and calm down. Since she got married to Kal she has not sat still. Every day was busy, headache, and troublesome because of the Empress. She was always busy with her work as the crown princess and fighting with the Empress. She couldn't meet Arthur and the triplets since that day.
Suddenly, Lidia came in and handed her a letter. Ariel took it and somehow the letter smelled like the body scent which has been lingering Kal lately. Ariel couldn't open it she was afraid that what she was suspecting was true. Lidia helped Ariel to open the letter and read it.
My Dear Prince.
Everything is ready now. Please come to
×××Town. I cant wait to see you. I missed you so much. I'm so excited. Can you guess what I'm wearing? Crazily Waiting for you. Send you my kisses and hugs.
P.s please don't be late or else I might go crazy.
You're lovely and the only one C ♥
▶Lidia: "C?! Whose that C? Ariel?!"
Ariel didn't say anything, she didn't know what to say. Ariel guessed that C might be Carney.
But she has no evidence and not %100 sure. Ariel didn't want to suspect Kal, not yet. Ariel thought it might be Carney's trick. Ariel tried to remember Carney's body scent and the scent that lingered Kal. However, they didn't smell the same. The letter and the smell that lingered Kal was sweet and sour which you can't get sick of it easily, it was the smell of sweet tangerine, lemon, and lavender.
Ariel sent a letter to the triplets to ask for their replacement for Carney as soon as possible.
▶Lidia: "Won't you go to check if the crown prince went there?!"
▶Ariel: "... If I did it would be what That called C wanted. 3 chances I'll give him 3 chances."
Ariel clenched the letter. She hoped and wished that it was all just a trick and not what Prince Kal wanted.
Few hours past Lidia brought a reply from the triplets. Ariel opened the letter.
Carney went back to the city. She convinced The Baron and The Baroness. She told them that she would go back to the city and convince them to help them return to the city.
A few days ago, she sent a letter to the baron saying you have been busy and won't see her so she has to visit you so many times. But you still won't see her.
▶Lidia: "That low woman. I have never seen someone as shameless as her! Ariel what are you going to do."
▶Ariel: "Let's wait and see. Let's see to what extend she wants to reach. Now that I made sure that it's Carney I won't let things go easily."

Though Ariel seemed alright in front of Lidia, she couldn't sleep she was anxious and nervous. She was alright with anyone, and she didn't mind if he took in a concubine. What she was angry about was the fact that he chose Carney which Ariel has told him everything about her schemes and her true self. And the most thing which broke her heart is that he lied to her, and he broke his promise. Ariel opened her heart for him and she was about to agree to be a true wife. However, after this, she couldn't. Ariel could have understood if she refused him after a month and a half as they agreed. But it hasn't even passed a month yet since they have got married. Ariel felt pathetic for willing to give a chance and to open her heart to him.
The next day in the morning Kal came back to the palace. He was in a good mood. Prince Kal opened the door secretly and quietly and found Ariel awake drinking her tea quietly.
Ariel could smell that scent and this time it was stronger and obvious.
▶PK: "Ariel?! You wake up earlier sweetie?! Is there something today?! Why don't you sleep back? I'm afraid you would feel sick. If something happens to you I can't live anymore." Kal walked toward Ariel and hugged her, then he sat in front of her. Ariel hated the scent but she couldn't push him away. Ariel poured Kal a cup of tea.
Ariel talked to Kal politely and in a calm voice.
▶Ariel: "Kal, where have you been?"
▶PK: "What are you talking about?! I told you that I'm going out of the city for some urgent business I have to attend."
▶Ariel: "... Is that so?! Then why didn't you take your assistant and guards like you always do?!"
▶PK: "Oh! That's because he did not feel well so I gave him a day off and the guards... I thought it wasn't that important and kind of bother. Besides, I took my advisor with me he was more than enough. I thought that we will be finished with the business soon and quickly. I didn't think it would take this time. I'm sorry I made you worry."
▶Ariel: "... Today I passed at your assistant office and stopped by... Surprisingly, I found Mr. advisor there."
Prince Kal looked hesitant and nervous but tried not to show it. He reached to his teacup and looked at Ariel.
▶Ariel: "... I wanted to ask at what time you would come back because I didn't know. They told me that you didn't have any business today and that Mr. Advisor didn't know anything because you haven't told him anything". "When you said you went with your advisor... which advisor did you mean?"
▶PK: "Another advisor, Ariel! Lately, I have become so busy so was Mr.advisor and we had to ask for a special advisor and assistant for help. "
▶Ariel: "Who? What's their name? Why I didn't know about that? And why when I was there in the office they haven't told me? You never told me anything about that?"
Prince Kal began to feel annoyed and irritated.
▶PK: "Ariel! Can you not interrogate now? I just came back, and I'm tired and in a bad mood. I want to take some rest I still have some work after a few hours. Can we talk later?! "
▶Ariel: "... Alright, that's fine. Once you finish and we could talk honestly and tell the truth. Then there's nothing. Just don't lie to me, that's all I would like to ask from you."
▶PK: "Ariel! Don't try to condemn me now. I went to work. Why would I lie to you? " Prince Kal raised his voice.
▶Ariel: "I'm speaking the truth! I'm not trying to condemn you. If you went to work and there is nothing. Then there is nothing. Why are you raising your voice to me?!"
▶PK: "I'm not raising my voice." Said annoyingly. Then he talked more softly.
▶PK: "I think that you have to calm down for now Ariel. I think you are going too far. How about this let's finish our duty today we can talk again alright?! Today I have lots of work so I won't be in one place. If you couldn't find me don't get sulky alright?!"
▶Ariel: "Fine, I'm not someone like that anyway."
Prince Kal stood up and went to another room to rest.
Ariel clenched her dress. No matter what Kal said she could find lies in his words.