Chapter 28

Meg prepared the table and the food as Ariel asked her and she informed the crown prince.
The crown prince rushed to Aril's room. He was so excited and thankful that Ariel recovered from her depression this fast. Knock ×3
▶Ariel: "Please, come in"
Prince Kal opened the door and saw Ariel smiling faintly. He always dreamed of Ariel smiling at him gently. He always imagined finding Ariel waiting for him in the room or the garden welcoming him and comforting him with a hug after a long day.
▶Ariel: "Please, come in. Meg prepared lots of food."
Prince Kal walked towards Ariel and hugged her tightly.
▶PK: "I missed you. Thank you for being alright." Ariel patted Prince Kal on his shoulder to comfort him.
▶Ariel: "now, now, let's eat, the food will get cold."
Ariel and Prince Kal sat at the dining table.
Prince Kal kept staring at Ariel, while Ariel trying to eat.
▶Ariel: "Prince Kal, if you look at me like that while I'm eating, I'm afraid that I'll get choked to death. "
▶PK: "I'm sorry, I'm just so happy that you are safe and well in front of me," Prince Kal looked affectionately at Ariel. Which made Ariel kind of awkward.
▶Ariel: "Your highness I..."
▶PK: "Kal, call me Kal" Prince Kal interrupted Ariel.
▶Ariel: "......... Kal, thank you for taking care of me. And thank you for all the things you have bought but I cant accept them. It's just too much for someone like me. And I apologize for giving you so much trouble."
▶PK: "Ariel, ... Fine then." Prince Kal thought sooner or later Ariel will have to accept it. And thought that he shouldn't pressure her right now. Since she just recovered and still weak.
Ariel looked at him silently. He looked disappointed but at the same time, he didn't want to pressure her.
▶PK: "Ariel, I know you are recovering now and I don't want to pressure you. However, I want to tell you something important. Therefore, I hope you would give it some thought. I'll wait a little bit more and give you time to think. I know that we just met only 2 times, and I know that you still don't trust me as a man yet... What I want to say is, would you be my Crown princess?"
Ariel was surprised at Prince Karl's sudden confession.
▶PK: "And I have a question for you... It's about Alin. Is that alright for you?" Asked hesitantly and continuously. Afraid that Ariel would be sad.
▶Ariel: "Please, don't be hesitated. I'm alright now." Ariel smiled to assure Prince Kal.
▶PK: "... Were you in love with Alin?" Prince Kal looked at Ariel anxiously. Ariel smiled faintly at Prince Kal. Prince Kal was confused at Ariel's reaction.
▶Ariel: "Prince Kal, no, Kal, ... Alin... I think you saw how close I was with Alin. Before that, Alin confessed to me. And I couldn't give him a proper answer. I couldn't accept him nor reject him properly. I told him that I don't know what's love is, and how it feels like to be in love. Therefore, I told him that I would like to be a friend and a dear sister to him. However, Alin saw it as an opportunity and waited for me. And now that he is not here anymore. I asked myself a lot. Did I have feelings for Alin? The answer is, Yes, of course, I did, I had sincere feelings for him. Then, was it love? My answer is... I liked him. I like Alin very much. For me, he was my hope and my comfort, Alin is a person who I treasure so much. Maybe, because he had the same vibe as my brother. However, I don't think I can call it love and I don't think I could describe it any more. Because What I feel for Alin now is guilt. I feel guilty for not being able to reject him properly or even make him happy." Said Ariel faintly.
Meg and Mer teared up as they listened to Ariel. Prince Kal felt sorry for Alin for feeling relieved at Ariel's answer.
▶Ariel: "And about the question, you asked me. To be your Crown Princess. I can't accept that. And I think your ministers too. I'm just a baron daughter who can't support you, no, even if I wasn't, I won't be able to be your crown princess. You will ask me for a reason. My reason is the same. I might like you a little bit, but I don't love you."
Prince Kal stood from his seat, walked toward Ariel, and caressed her hands.
▶PK: "Please, don't say that. I think You don't know what love is, is because you are blocking everyone as you do now, Ariel! Please, give it some thought. I'll give you time to think about it. And I don't mind if you still don't know the answer yet. Because, as long as you are with me I promise that I'll make you happy and I'll love you unconditionally. So you don't have to worry. " Ariel was hesitant for a short moment because what Prince Kal said seems to be true. She doesn't know what love is and how does it feel to be in love is because she was blocking everyone, not only in this world but in her past life too. However, she didn't want to be seen with lots of men or go out with lots of men. Ariel wanted to be sure of her feelings first and wanted to be sure of what's love is for her. And how truly to be in love and be loved. And she thought that if she really truly loved someone. She would feel Some changes. So what prince Kal told her, wasn't completely wrong but it wasn't completely right, for Ariel. Prince Kal stepped back.
▶PK: "I heard that you want to go out of the palace."
▶Ariel: "Yes. After all, I have recovered now. I don't want to be extra work for the maids. I can rest at home."
Prince Kal agreed. He wanted to give Ariel some space to think and all. After lunch, Prince Kal caressed Ariel's hand and kissed her hand then stepped out. Ariel sighed. She didn't do anything yet but somehow she felt tired already.
Ariel told Meg to quickly prepare a carriage from outside the palace before the crown prince offers his. And she told her to be careful of her surroundings and secretive.
Meg quickly moved to Ariel's request.
Ariel asked Mer if she felt or noticed anyone following her. Mer nodded her head.
▶Mer: "When I walked out of the room I noticed of someone present. I felt like someone is watching the room. Princess Falicia is dead, Carney is at home... So who would it be? Could it be the Crown Prince??!"
▶Arial: "No, he won't do that, he won't dare do anything which might make me dislike him"
▶Mer: "Then who would it be?!... Could it be the 1st prince?! But... he has no reason to do that to Lady Ariel" Ariel paused for a second. Then turned to Mer.
▶Ariel: "Was princess Falicia close to the 1st Prince?"
▶Mer: "When they were young they weren't that close at all. However, I think... If I'm not wrong. They got close when Duke Alin started to go out with several ladies."
▶Ariel: "Then...How the ladies were? And where are they now?"
Mer tried to remember.
▶Mer: "hmm... The ladies were ordinary. However, every time a lady stays with the duke for 3 days she disappears the next day not only her but the whole family. There were rumours says that they would steal something from the duke and run away from the empire but nothing was stolen, and some say that the duke himself would give them a treasure to move to another empire, but that also never happened...!!! Could it be... Is it what I think it is?!"