Chapter 18

After Alin left, Ariel continued to stay in the garden to explore more when, Suddenly, a strange man appeared in front of Ariel out of nowhere. Ariel was startled by the sudden appearance but she didn't make a big scene out of it. She looked at the man blankly.
It was the Crown prince Kal. The Crown Prince Kal considers himself close to the Bisi's brothers. He would always come when he wanted to run away from some of his teachers or advisors, and when he gets in trouble with some girl. Alin neither liked nor hated prince Kal, Alix just hated him. For some reason, he just couldn't stand his appearance.
Ariel could not have known that he was the crown prince because she hasn't participated in any event.
▶Ariel: "... Umm... May I know who are you?!"
Prince Kal looked at Ariel's golden eyes. He was amazed and mesmerized by Ariel's eyes' colour. He couldn't hear what did she asked him because he was so dazed by Ariel's appearance. He found her appearance unique, mysterious, beautiful, elegant, and luxurious. Ariel looked at him strangely when suddenly Alin appeared again.
▶Alin: "Your highness!!" Alin rushed towards Ariel and prince Kal. Prince Kal signalled for Alin not to call him politely. He didn't want Ariel to know who he is. He didn't want Ariel to treat him politely.
▶Alin: "I... I mean Kal, haha"
Ariel looked strangely at Alin's awkward smile. Just now he called this strange man by your highness but now he changed his attitude and called him Kal.
Ariel believes that the first reaction of someone is always an honest one. She thought maybe he didn't want her to know that he is a prince. Therefore, she acted in ignorance and acted along with them.
The three of them went inside afterwards, to have some tea.
Ariel didn't say anything at all. She was just observing the two of them giving each other glances and signals. Then, she suddenly decided to have some fun and tease them.
▶Ariel: "I think I'm the third wheel here." Prince Kal and Alin turned to Ariel and said in one voice.
▶Pk+Alin: "No, that's not it!!!" Ariel got starlet by their loud voice. And thought that their reaction was interesting and fun and continued to tease them.
▶Ariel: "Oh! Please don't worry I won't tell anyone, after all, it's so rare to see...umm... Couples like that... However, ... Is it alright?!" said with a worried expression.
▶Alin: "Ariel, no!! that's not it. We are nothing like that at all. Please believe me!"
▶PK: "Yes! What Alin said is true!.... Wait... Ariel?! Alin you called her Ariel? Informally?!"
▶Alin: "Yes, because that's her name? And..." Ariel then burst into laughter. Their reactions and facial expressions were just so funny for her.
Both of them turned to Ariel surprisingly and realized that she was just teasing them.
▶Alin:" Ariel that almost gave me a hurt attack!" Alin said with relief and sighed.
▶PK: "Yes, that would've been a big scandal."
Ariel chuckled.
▶Ariel: "I'm sorry ~ "
The three of them continued talking till the sunset. Alin realized how late it is, and tried to chase Princ Kal away. However, Prince Kal didn't want to. He had so much fun talking to Ariel. Therefore, Alin had to drag him out of the room and escort Prince Kal by himself.
🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱
Alin escorted Prince Kal in front of the palace And bumped into Alix.
▶Alix: "What are you doing here Alin?" Alin looked at Prince Kal. ▶Alin: "As you can see escorting this runaway prince. Brother, I think you should tighten the security even more. So a monkey won't run away."
▶PK: "That was rude of you Duke Alin. Come on didn't you also have fun talking together with her. "
▶Alix: "Her?!"
▶PK: "Yes yes, I mean Lady Ariel. Hey Alix did you know that they are that close to call each other by their names?" Alix looked at Alin.
▶Alin: "Crown Prince Kal please don't create a misunderstanding! Ariel treats me only as an older brother and a close friend nothing more."
Alin didn't want Alix to misunderstand Ariel more than he is.
▶PK: "See! He called her name! You said a brother and a close friend. Alin do you think that there is a pure relationship between man and woman which is called only a friend or a brother. I think that only she thinks like that, then how about you Duke Alin. I doubt that you think of such a beautiful lady the same way. "
Alin couldn't deny nor agree. In the end, he just pushed Prince Kal to Alix and changed the subject. Alin asked Alix whether he is coming back home. Alix couldn't go back till the day of the party because he was so busy with the security and training of the new men. Afterwards, Alin went back. Alix turned to Prince Kal.
▶PK: "Alix I think I'll have to fight with your brother fairly for Lady Ariel. Tell him that for me." Prince Kal's facial expression really meant it which led Alix to more misunderstanding. He thought about how of a witch Ariel could be to be able to bewitch the Crown Prince of the empire and his brother. He thought that Ariel might be a girl who loved to throw herself to higher-titled men. He thought that Ariel could be, no, but is so similar to his mother. And for that, he wanted to part Ariel from his loved brother at least. He didn't care whether she got together with the prince or not.
🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱
[ Duke Alin Erve Bisi's residence]
Carney woke up after Alin went out with the Prince. She dolled herself from head to toe to amaze Alin. However, she couldn't find him and founded Ariel instead. She found Ariel reading and having tea with 3 maids around her not only that, but she was also talking to them and laughing all happily. If anybody saw this scene they would think that Ariel is the Duchess and the owner of this place. Carney couldn't take it. She clenched her teeth and dress. She thought that Ariel's life was just so easy.
Then she tried to control her facial expressions to join them. She knocked on the door and smiled brightly like an innocent lovely sister.
▶Carney: "Oh! Dear, sister! I was looking for you~ do you mind if I joined too?!" Said lovingly. Ariel stared at Carney's facial expression and attitude, then sneered quietly at Carney's fake behaviour.
▶Ariel: "Yes, sure why not?!" Said with a cheerful grin.
Carney happily entered the room and sat down elegantly. The 3 maids noticed the atmosphere between Ariel and Carney.
The maids and other workers of the Bisi family were featured to be smart, capable, educated and most of them know martial arts, and that because Bisi's family used to be targeted a lot by democratic enemies and other countries for generations. So it became a tradition and a rule that not anybody could be Bisi's family staff, they all should be well trained, well informed and professionals.
The 3 maids were specialized in testing and analyzing people and they would test the same person 3 times. Before Ariel could talk and laugh with them she got tested by the 3 maids Mee, Meg and Mer they were triplets. Mee put some salt in Ariel's cup of tea, Meg talked about the good rumours and what people think positively about Carney, and Mer kept giving Ariel weird books. However, Ariel knew that what they did was intentional. Every time she sees a servant or any maid of this place, she would think and feel that their Aura and their gestures and just all of their attitudes are not normal. They had that kind of professional atmosphere and at the same time a mysterious one. She then thought that Bisi's family are just not any normal easy high and noble family.
Ariel passed every test. All she had to do is to be cool-minded. She didn't get angry or spite out the salty tea that Mee gave her. Ariel only took a sip and put the cup down and stayed quiet about it. She didn't argue with Meg when she mentioned Carney and only said "That's normal for the society to talk, after all, everyone has their own different opinions. They have the right to talk and express their thoughts. ", and to Mer, she kept rejecting her politely and asked to bring other books friendly and sometimes she would make fun of the weird titled books.
So now it's Carney's turn. Ariel was looking forward to Carney's reaction and how the triplet will deal with her and what kind of impression will Carney leave for the maids.