Chapter 53

The Baron walked towards Ariel and caressed her hands.
▶Baron: "Ariel~ why don't you come back home? Huh~ your siblings missed you badly. Why don't you spend some time together as a family, it been so long since..." Ariel interrupted.
▶Ariel: "Don't worry I'll ask for them when things get settled." Said coldly.
▶Baroness: "Ariel~ are you going to get married to Duke Alix?!! But I think it's just too early I'm afraid that it won't be suitable, as you know you just got divorced, your reputation now is bad enough. I'm worried about you~" said with a friendly voice.
Lidia stepped closer to the baroness, covering Ariel behind her, and stood in front of the baroness.
▶Lidia: "Baroness Kaylee, you don't need to worry about that. Our family is powerful enough and more powerful than you think. Whoever talks bad about my sister they will lose their head. Also, I don't see it improper at all if my sister got married to Alix because anyway the prince and Carney will get married after today. So even if they registered their marriage now there won't be any problem. It's fair enough, don't you think so, baroness Kaylee?! "
Baroness laughed awkwardly.
▶Baroness: "Hohoho, is that so?! Yes now that I think about it, you are pretty right!"
Ariel, Alix, and Lidia walked out of the room with a pleasant facial expression.
Once they walked outside the Baroness shouted and slammed the table.
▶Baroness: "Look how uneducated, they are!! Talking down to their elders, so stupid!!! Ugh!!"
At the Duke residence Ariel, Alix, and Lidia took off from the carriage. Once Ariel walked through the entrance Arthur and the three triplets hugged Ariel.
▶Arthur + the triplets: "Happy divorce day~~!"
Ariel was surprised and speechless.
▶Ariel: "what..."
Ariel turned to Lidia, Lidia shook her head.
▶Lidia: "Not me!"
Lidia and Ariel turned to Alix. Alix ignored them and walked past them.
▶Alix: "I'm tired I'll go and have a nap."
Lidia grind and Ariel smiled faintly. Ariel was over the moon when she saw Arthur and the triplets. She smiled and laughed. She talked with Arthur and the triplets till midnight.
Arthur fell asleep while Ariel, triplets, and Lidia were chatting. Therefore, they decided to end the night and rest. Before Ariel goes back to her room, Ariel wanted to thank Alix so she decided to drop by Alix's room, which actually wasn't that far from her room. The door room was slightly open. She saw Alix was still working so she decided to make him some calming and relaxing herbal tea.
Ariel knocked on the door ×3.
▶Alix: "Come in."
When Alix turned towards the door, he saw Ariel holding the tray with a cup of tea.
▶Ariel: "umm... I saw you still working and stressed, so I thought of bringing you some calming tea... But if you don't want any..."
Alix took the tray and began to drink the tea.
▶Ariel: "umm... I wanted to thank you for today," Alix turned to Ariel.
▶Alix: "... You don't have to, I did what I have to do."
▶Ariel: "I see... Well, nevertheless, I still want to thank you. So... That's it, I'll leave you now."
Ariel turned to go back to her room, however, Alix turned Ariel towards him and hugged her.
▶Alix: "Back there, when the prince hugged you I didn't like it. I was jealous. And there are a lot more situations when I wanted to comfort you when you cry, to hug you when you felt lonely but I couldn't because it wasn't my place and I didn't have any right. However, now..." Alix looked at Ariel who was shocked by his sudden action.
▶Alix: "Now... Can I pursue you?!"
Ariel blinked her eyes then chuckled.
▶Ariel: "If you say it like that, how can I answer you! Besides who could answer this kind of question!" Said embarrassingly.
▶Alix: "... Then?!"
Ariel saw his troubled face and thought of teasing him a little bit.
▶Ariel: "What if I said no, would you stop?!"
Alix saw her teasing face and thought of teasing her as well
▶Alix: "Well, if you say so, then... I have to marry another woman."
Ariel's face changed. She wasn't happy at all. She thought (is that it?!) And made a disappointed face. Alix saw that and laughed. Ariel just realized it and felt embarrassed. She covered her face with her hands. Alix hugged Ariel.
▶Alix: "I'm just kidding, of course, I won't let you go till you agree. You have given me enough heartache."
▶Ariel: "You deserve it anyway."
▶Alix: "Yes yes, whatever, my princess says is right." Ariel looked at Alix.
▶Ariel: "Are you mocking me?!"
▶Alix: "I don't dare!" Both of them looked at each other and laughed.