Chapter 17

[D-day to travel to the city, Baron Miller Alexon Mansion.]

It's the day that everyone was waiting for. Ariel woke up early, had her breakfast, did some stretches, and drank her tea with Mrs.Pax.
Ariel was so relaxed and in a good mood since she already had done with her luggage a week ago.
She also called out Bency to report to her whether Carney is planning anything new.
Bency said there is nothing, and that Carney was only busy studying and preparing for the debutant.
[Carney cannot be debuted since she is 23. However, since she is a new family member it was allowed for her.]
Ariel thought that since Carney didn't have time to plan anything because she was busy, she would do something at the party. However, Ariel won't be able to know cause Bency won't go with them. Bency will be staying at home to look after the kids with Mrs. Pax.
Carney was in a very chaotic condition because she was awake since yesterday night preparing for her luggage.
After everyone has done preparing, Alin came at the right time.
Alin gave his greeting to the Baroness and Mrs. Pax. After the greeting, the Baroness went to ride on the carriage. Carney pushed Ariel aside and greeted Alin, however, Alin just nodded and turned to Ariel and offered his hand, and Ariel took Alin's hand. Carney stared at their hands and clenched her dress tightly.
▶Alin: "Seems you are in a good mood Ariel "

▶Ariel: "The same to you... Alin."

▶Alin: "It's all thanks to you! It's nice to hear my name from you especially~"
Alin and Ariel headed to Alin's carriage which had the family symbol and was so luxurious, leaving Carney alone. Carney stopped them.
▶Carney: " Wait! Am I not supposed to be the one who should ride with Duke Alin since I'm the eldest?!"
Alin turned to Carney.
▶Alin: "Who said that?!"
▶Carney: "Oh~ Duke Alin you must have forgotten! That's the rules right, Mrs. Pax?!" Said proudly.
▶Mrs. Pax: "Yes, that's true, however, you are not officially the eldest daughter to the society yet, and in both situations, Lady Ariel could take that position since she is the biological and the original eldest daughter. Also, it's alright since Duke Alin chose Ariel to be her escort."
Carney looked so proud when Mrs. Pax mentioned that her words were true, however, her face turned dumb when Mrs. Pax continued.
▶Carney: "Mrs. Pax! You didn't tell me that!!"
▶Mrs. Pax: "Well, If Lady Carney waited to let me complete my explanation, Lady Carney would've known. However, Lady Carney was ruching things to finish quickly. " Carney was furious. Carney thought that it is not fair for Ariel to be able to do anything and have everything while she can not. After this Alin and Ariel smiled at each other and rode the carriage. While Carney was stomping her feet to the other carriage.
Now that everything in its place and everyone is in the carriage. They started their journey to the city, they took some breaks for 40 minutes and continued their journey normally. Everything was perfect and they had no problems thanks to Duke Alin. Carney tried to create chances to be alone and near Duke Alin. However, she failed. All Alin could see and think was Ariel. Carney could clearly see Ariel's reflection on Alin's eyes.
Carney felt extremely jealous and furious. She always repeated these words in her mind (Why her not me), Carney just couldn't bear to see them together or see Ariel happy. Therefore, she tried to think of a way to ruin Ariel's party dress which was in the carriage, however, it would be so obvious that she would be the one who has done that, so she tried to think of something else but nothing came to her mind. So she just decided to observe the situation and take the opportunity.
After 3 days of travelling, they arrived in the city earlier than expected but still, all the hotels were full. Because of the other noble guests from the other towns, so they had to head to Alin's residence. Alin planned everything so they could stay at his residence. After they arrived, lots of staff waited to greet and welcome them. There were about 20 maids 4 butlers, 4 chefs, 3 gardeners... Etc.
It was really so extravagant. The Baroness was so amazed. Carney was so amazed and astonished. Since the Baroness attended lots of events of the high society she wasn't that surprised, it was natural for a duke to have this many workers and more. However, the Baroness was just a little bit amazed at the scene. Ariel stood naturally there thinking that this scene is so similar to dramas when all the staffs and workers greet their CEO. [😐🙄]
Alix couldn't be there because he had to plan for the palace's securities and so on.
The butlers led the ladies to their room every lady had her own room. Ariel's room was of course near Alin and Alix. While Carney was on another floor.
After launch, Carney just couldn't hold any longer and decided to just go back to her room and take a nap.
[I hope she sleeps forever💀🛌✌]
So did the Baroness, Leaving Ariel and Alin alone.
A moment of silence was there. For Ariel, it was normal cause she wasn't that talkative and she was also so focused on the flowers, but Alin wanted to talk to her and get closer to her. Therefore, Alin tried to break this silence.
▶Alin: "...Oh! By the way, I think Ariel doesn't know I have an older brother, his name is Alix"
▶Ariel: "Oh! Really?! That's nice. From your facial expression, you guys must be really close to each other. And must be a good brother."
▶Alin: "Yes, he so good it's so fun to tease him!" Said with a laugh.
▶Ariel: "Oh~ really?! Hehe I can imagine that." Ariel could imagine it cause she had brothers so that wasn't something new however she liked it. She wondered if her siblings would grow up like Alin and Alix someday.
Alin and Ariel's conversation ended when it was interrupted by one of Alin's closest butler.
He whispered in Alin's ear. Alin had to excuse himself. Ariel nodded her head and told him to take his time. Ariel started to explore the garden when suddenly... 👤 a strange man appeared.