Chapter 6

The Baroness opened Ariel's bedroom door roughly and scolded Ariel.
▶Baroness: "ARIEL!!!! WHY DID YOU SAY THAT TO COUNTESS PARIS?!" "DO YOU WANT PEOPLE TO MISUNDERSTAND ME?! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT YOU WOULD COME TO GREET THE GUESTS?! OR PERHAPS YOU WANT PEOPLE TO SAY THAT WE ARE NEGLECTING YOU ?!"
Ariel looked at the Baroness's condition.
▶Ariel:"....... Mother ..... May I ask you why are you so furious? Why do you shout?!"
▶Baroness: "WHATTTT?! YOU DARE TO TALK BACK TO ME NOW??!!! YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW YOUR PLACE!! I'M YOUR MOTHER PUT THAT IN YOUR STUPID BRAIN!!! YOUR MOTHER YOU DON'T HAVE ANY RIGHT TO TALK BACK TO ME!"
Ariel looked at the Baroness and wished to show her how ugly her condition is right now.
Ariel answered in a calm voice.
▶Ariel: "May I ask specifically, what have I done wrong?"
▶Baroness: "YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW, OR ARE PRETENDING NOT to KNOW? HUH?!" "HUH! LOOK AT YOUR EYES, SEE SEE YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR. LOOK AT YOURSELF HOW YOU LOOK AT ME WITH NO RESPECT! YOU UNFAITHFUL CHILD!"
Ariel closed her eyes, then opened it again. Ariel thought that there is really no room for any proper conversation. They always missed each other's points, and there is always room for misunderstanding. It always like that. Whether it was now or past life. Therefore, she decided to just do her best as a proper daughter. Do what she has to do and find a way to escape and find her own happiness. Ariel answered with a calm voice.
▶Ariel: "Then, first of all, please calm down it's not good for your health."
▶Baroness: "IT'S BEC..."
Ariel interrupted the Baroness.
▶Ariel: "Please, excuse me. But could mother please let me answer your questions first and then mother can continue?"
▶Baroness: "THEN... Speak let me see what's your excuse is." The Baroness sat down and crossed her arms and legs.
▶Ariel: "What I have told the Countess was what I truly have felt and it was the true answer to her question. All I have talked about was myself. I don't remember blaming anyone or even mentioned mother in the conversation. Therefore, you don't have to worry about your reputation or any kind of rumours. Unless someone is leaking falls rumours."     "About greeting the guests. Correct me if I'm wrong, however, I think it's my responsibility, my duty, and my place to greet mother's guests AS YOUR ELDEST DAUGHTER, am I wrong?!  However, If that's not what mother's think ..... Then I apologize. It won't happen again."  "About neglecting me... I wonder where mother picked this idea unless you were self-conscious and felt sin."
▶Baroness: "Heh! SIN YOU SAY... ARE you done talking?! LISTEN CAREFULLY ARIEL, NEXT TIME YOU MUST NOT TALK BACK TO ME NO MATTER WHAT. WHETHER I AM WRONG OR NOT YOU SHOULD ZIP YOUR MOUTH AND BE QUIET ONLY, AND NO MATTER WHAT. YOU SHOULD APOLOGIZE. UNDERSTOOD?! THAT'S THE DUTY OF A GOOD DAUGHTER."
The Baroness then rushed outside closed the door roughly. Ariel sighed a deep sigh and looked blankly at the window. She was thinking of a way to get out of what is called a house. Since noble ladies of this world can't work like commoners then...
Knock knock
▶Arthur: "Sister ?! May i come in ?!"
▶Ariel: "Come in!"
Arthur opened the door.
▶Arthur: "May I stay with you for a while?"
Ariel smiled faintly at Arthur and nodded her head.
▶Ariel: "So~ what's wrong?"
▶Arthur: "Sister..... Are you happy??"
It was a question, which Ariel used to always ask Arthur, and he would answer her thoughtlessly with Yes. Ariel hesitated, whether to tell Arthur the truth or just comfort him or she could just avoid the answer. She didn't want to put him in the illusion with whatever called (yes I'm happy and I'm ok) like what her past self used to tell him. Though it wasn't ok at all.
▶Ariel: "Then is Arthur happy?? Think about it.."
Ariel knows very well, that kids can not think that deep. She did not have any expectations for his answer. However, she just wanted him to think.
▶Arthur: "If our family is happy, that means I can be happy too, right?!"
▶Ariel:"........ Umm... Hehehe, yes true."
Ariel was speechless for a while. She didn't expect that answer at all.
▶Ariel: "Arthur do you..." [ Ariel wanted to ask Arthur whether he think that this family is happy or not.] However, the Baroness interrupted Ariel with her shouting.
▶Baroness: "ARTHUR! ARTHUR! WHERE ARE YOU?!"
Suddenly, the Baroness opened the door.
▶Baroness: "Here you are! I was searching for you! Come and change your clothes we are going to Viscountess Oma's house."
▶Arthur: "I don't want to! I want to stay with Sister Ariel!"
▶Baroness: "Don't you want to play with Saif and Sail! Oh! Baroness Anda will be there! So Jim will be there too! Don't you want to play with them?!"
▶Arthur: "No! I don't too."
Baroness started to get annoyed. She looked at Ariel. ▶Baroness: "Will you go ?!"
Ariel rarely went out with her family. She didn't like going out with them, because every time they go out, they get into fights and ruin the whole mood. ▶Ariel: "No, I have to apologize. I'm not going. I have to prepare for the debutant. It's after all next month. Therefore, I'm short in time, and it's my last chance."
Usually, it takes 3 months for Ladies to prepare for a debutant or any impartial ball party. At least 2 months to prepare and look for jewelry and dress and 1 month to travel to the capital. However, Ariel had 1 month and a half to prepare for all that.
▶Baroness: "Heh! What I was expecting. Selfish as always!"
▶Ariel: "Arthur. This sister will be busy so I won't have the chance to stay with you. How about you go with your mother. You can play there, and once you come back we can stay together as much as you want. Ok?!"
Arthur looked at Ariel then looked at the Baroness who had a kind of sour face. He nodded then hurriedly went to change.
The Baroness waited for Arthur to go, then...
▶Baroness: "Did you take permission from your father?!"
▶Ariel: ".... Correct me if I'm wrong. It's an imperial invitation this time, which can not be refused. Therefore, I think my father knew about it including my mother. However, mother doesn't need to worry. I'll inform you once again with father."
The Baroness smirked and went out. Ariel then went immediately to the Baron before she misses him. Ariel arrived at the Baron's office. She knocked on the door three times. Ariel entered the office after the Baron gave her permission to.
▶Baron: "What's wrong? What do you want this time"
▶Ariel: (To say what I want from him this time is kind of..... I never asked from him anything before. Sigh whatever.) "I want to confirm you that I'm going to the debutante party and will depart to the city after 2 weeks" It was kind of early to depart to the city after 2 weeks. However, Ariel wanted to go as soon as possible and in case if something happened on the way.
▶Baron: "Heh! So you are asking for money!"
Normally, the Baroness should be in charge of the household expenses. However, The Baron liked to be in charge of everything. Expect household problems. He doesn't give an allowance to Ariel, but he would buy a bunch of clothes whether Ariel liked it or not.  Nevertheless, Ariel never asked anything from him. She only wanted for the Baron to prepare a carriage to the city, and she would use the dresses and accessories which she already has. Because she had never worn them. However, the Baron tune and attitude annoyed Ariel, so she decided to just ask him for money and buy new accessories and dresses.