Chapter 12

▶Ariel: " .... Who...are you?" Ariel bumped into a strange guy. His aura was cold yet elegant. He had an expressionless handsome face. Ariel couldn't define his title because he was wearing casually and comfortably. However, since he is looking for Mrs. Pax means that he is from some noble family.

That strange guy seems to have seen Ariel slap Carney and misunderstood her. Though the door was wide open.  The man stood in a position where you can see but not be able to hear the conversation. The Strange guy looked at Ariel coldly.
▶👤:  " I'm here to see Mrs. Pax. May I meet her?"
▶ Ariel: "Oh! Mrs. Pax went outside. She said she had an appointment. May you tell me your name, sir? I'll be sure to inform her once she comes back." Said with a polite smile.

▶👤: " ... Never mind. " the strange guy turned back ignoring Ariel. Ariel watched the strange guy leaves. Strangely the mansion's door was wide open and Carlo was nowhere to be seen in the mansion. Ariel just wondered however, she didn't care and went back to her room.
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
In the carriage where Mrs pax was sitting, in front of her sat Alin smiling brightly. Mrs. Pax sighed.
▶Mrs. Pax: "Duke Alin... Shouldn't you be back in the city? ". 
▶Alin: "Yes. However, it's should and not must "
▶Mrs. Pax: "Alin let me remind you.  You are a Duke now. So you should be more responsible."
▶Alin: "Yes ~ Ma'am~"
▶Mrs. Pax: "Alin let me warn you if you are not serious you are not allowed to get any closer. Lady Ariel is not like any Lady who you have been playing around with. However, if you are playing I don't think it would be easy on you. I assure you."
▶Alin: "Mrs. Pax you are hurting my pride now. In your eyes am I that kind of a jerk?"
▶Mrs. Pax: "Yes, and more than a jerk himself. You are a guy who only knows how to show your useless handsome face. No, I really wish if you were useful as your face. And be more like your older brother."
Alin started to protest and explain none stop. Mrs. Pax ignored him and looked towards the window with a sigh.
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
Mrs. Pax and Alin arrived at the mention. Carlo welcomed them. As soon as Carney heard the carriage sound she rashly went to welcome Mrs. Pax with her swelled cheeks.
▶Carney: "Oh! Mrs. Pax welcome~" Carney smiled faintly. Then looked at Alin. Alin noticed her and smiled politely. Carney blushed. Mrs. Pax looked at Carney and then looked back to Alin and pinched his waist secretly. Carney didn't notice anything because she was mesmerized by Alin's handsomeness. Carney snapped right away and looked back at Mrs. Pax.
▶Carney: "Oh! Please come in quickly or you will get sick." " Oh! Mrs. Pax if you just informed us before coming that umm. This handso... I mean a guest will come with Mrs.Pax we would have prepared more for Mrs.Pax's sake" said Carney with a bright smile.
Mrs. Pax stared at Carney then asked Carney about her cheeks. It's not that she hasn't notice from the very start Carney's cheeks were so obviously red from both sides and badly swelled, she just asked out of manners. Carney then realized what she had come down to do and started crying.
▶Carney: "Oooh~ Mrs. Pax ~ Carney Carney umm. Sister Ariel... Umm. Please don't misunderstand Sister Ariel. I believe she didn't mean to hurt Carney. So please don't worry," said with a hurtful smile.
Mrs. Pax grind and looked at Alin. Alin understood now what did Mrs. Pax meant by when she said that she had come here to watch an opera.
▶Alin: "Young lady would you mind explaining?" Said with a gentle smile.
Carney's eyes shone brightly and were dazzled once again with Alin's handsomeness and gentleness. Alin noticed Ariel coming down the stairs following behind her Bency who was trying to grasp Ariel's arms.
Bency grasped Ariel's arm and turned her towards her.
▶Bency: "Ariel you better stop right there! How did you have the nerves to slap Lady Carney." Said angrily.
▶Ariel: "I was just showing evidence. And You should ask yourself that question. No wait, I think you don't have the brain to figure out what's right and what's wrong. I should admit that even an ant can think better than you and a dog is much loyal than you. In shortcut, all kind of animals has their usefulness however, I can't see yours. Bency, let me warn you for the last time not because I'm weak but because I see you as a human. If you mess with me I'll make sure you'll never be able to move again." Ariel shook Bency's hand and turned around. Bency couldn't bear Ariel's insult and pushed Ariel from the stairs. Ariel twisted her ankle and fell down the stairs. When luckily Alin quickly captured her. Carney squeezed her hands and bite her lips from anger and jealousy. Bency's face darkened. Bency trembled from the scare and ran away quickly to her room. The Baroness showed up suddenly and saw Ariel hugging Alin and shouted angrily.
▶Baroness: "ARIEL!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Ariel quickly pushed Alin away and adjusted herself. Ariel spoke faintly in a voice Alin alone could hear.
▶Ariel: "Thank you." Alin smiled faintly. Ariel tried to walk towards Mrs. Pax's side without a word. despite her injury she didn't show her pain on her face.
Mrs. Pax noticed and supported Ariel with a worried expression. Ariel smiled gently at Mrs. Pax as to not worry her.
The Baroness just realized that Mrs. Pax and Alin were there and the one who Ariel just hugged was Duke Alin.
▶Baroness: "Oh! Please excuse my daughter for her improper action. I wonder why Duke Alin is giving us this honour in visiting us. If we knew we would have prepared to welcome Duke Alin properly."
▶Alin: "No please, instead I should apologize for my sudden visit. Hope I haven't interrupted Baroness Kaylee."