chapter five

Night Out

Spencer's POV:

"No the girls will pick me up and then I'll meet you at the bar." Grace insisted on the other line.

"Fine then. I'll see you then." I hung up, as Heather came behind me.

"Who was that?" she asked slipping her arms around my torso.

"Oh just Grace. I'm going out with the team tonight so I just wanted to make sure someone was taking her there." I turned to face her, kissing Heather's forehead.

It had been only like two weeks since Heather and I had been dating. Our relationship had its moments, some good and some weird. At times she let loose, but others, she was down right controlling.

"Ugh Grace." she rolled her eyes, dropping her hands next to her side.

"What was that for?"

"You know I can't stand Grace."

"Heather, she's my best friend. Come on now." I turned, walking back to my bedroom to start getting ready.

"Whatever, just don't be screwing her on the side." Heather mumbled as I walked away.

"What was that?" I spun back around, shooting her a stern look which made her shut up.

——

Grace's POV:

"So what's the deal with Reid and you recently?" Emily asked, pulling out a strand of my hair to curl.

"You guys, Spencer and I have been best friends for years now, why do y'all think something is up now?" I asked, unable to move at the risk of burning my neck.

"Well, we saw how you two were on the plane during our last case." JJ chimed in.

"So cute." Garcia smiled, applying blush to my cheeks. "Wait, you don't even need blush, you're blushing right now!"

"Please, you're talking about Spencer. Here and there we do cute stuff that couples do, but we're still best friends." I assured them, quickly ending the conversation.

"Whatever you say Mrs. Reid." Emily joked, brushing out my curls.

"Hey! Ouch!" I turned, burning my neck on the curling iron.

"Aha! We so know you're lying!" Garcia caught me.

"Fine fine. Do you guys want the truth?" they all nodded their heads.

"Garcia," I grabbed her hand. "Put the bug in my ear that Spencer and I act like more than friends, which I get, but there is no way." I assured them and myself.

"Okay then, whatever you say." JJ held up her hands.

**
"Hey pretty woman." Spencer greeted me.

"Hey! I ain't any woman, I'm a special woman." I winked as he opened the door to the bar for me.

"Pumpkin!" Derek called out from behind me as I turned around to see him standing with Hotch.

"Hey boys, what's good?" I imitated how Morgan always acted.

"Nice to see you here." Hotch smiled, looking me up and down.