chapter nine

Sweater Weather

background:

it had been about a month since grace got hurt, but she has made a full recovery. after that night home from the hospital, spencer only stayed over once more. majority of the time he spent outside of work was with heather, who still hated grace with every part of her body.

the last case that the team took on wasn't too bad. grace wasn't cleared to go yet, so she stayed behind at the bau with garcia. over the last case, spencer and morgan took the lead, only to be overtaken by jj and emily and their girl power.

now, the team was back at the bau and reunited with grace who was growing restless. rossi was planning to now invite the team to his mansion, not house, for pasta night.

---

Narrator's POV:

"How do you guys feel about pasta night at my place tonight?" Rossi stepped into the break room, where most of the team stood, pouring themselves another cup of coffee.

"Pasta night at Rossi's? What a rare occurrence." Garcia acknowledged his rare invite and laughed it off, assuming he was just joking.

"No, I'm serious, I want to have everyone over for wine and pasta tonight." he corrected her, making it clear that they were actually invited.

"Oh, I am so down." Grace smiled, pouring her third packet of Splenda into the steaming cup of coffee held in her right hand.

"Count Emily and I in too." JJ spoke up before walking back to her office.

"I assume Hotch will find a sitter for Jack, so just count him in, and I will be there too." Morgan replied, leaning back on the small counter.

What about Spencer?

He sat at his desk, head buried within a case file as always. For some reason, lately the entire team had noticed how distant he had been acting, even to Grace. So, she took it upon herself to pass on the news about pasta night.

"Hey Spence." Grace approached his chair, Spencer's head not even moving an inch.

"Hm?" he still didn't look up, but slightly acknowledged her presence.

"Rossi is having pasta night at his place, no bailing." she sat down on the edge of his desk, as Spencer finally looked up at her.

"Can't. Heather wants to go see some stupid romance movie tonight at the cinema." he frowned, going back to the file.

"Why don't you just invite her to Rossi's? I'm sure she won't mind." Morgan butted in, Grace's heart shattering at the suggestion.

It seemed selfish of her, but Grace didn't want Heather to come. She wished Spencer wasn't dating her, I mean everyone saw how sad she made him.

"I guess she'll probably be up to that, she's been dying to meet the team." Spencer shrugged, pulling out his phone to text Heather about their new plans.

----

Spencer's POV:

Heather

Spencer: hey, got invited to team dinner tonight, want to tag along as my plus one?

Heather: Will Grace be there?

Spencer: yes, she's on the team.

Heather: Ugh, I guess. You're lucky I love you.

Don't love you too, is what I wanted to send back but I wasn't in the mood to even deal with her complaining.