chapter fifteen

Gone

Spencer's POV:

We finally arrived in Los Angeles after a roughly seven hour flight. That means I finished roughly ten books, and seven cups of coffee. Which both were needed to put up with the rambling Garcia that we brought along with us.

Transferring from the jet to the SUV, my leg continued to bounce up and down, becoming nearly uncontrollable, as my heart pounded.

"Spence, stop." Grace sat her hand on my leg, calming it with her touch.

The street lights began to turn on as the sun was nearly set, the sky painted a beautiful pink color. Even with all the caffeine in my system, I still felt exhausted physically, mentally, and emotionally.

Grace leaned over, resting her head on my shoulder as she typically did when we were in the car together. As soon as she did though, my phone rang.

"Who's that?" Emily asked from the front seat.

"Heather." I replied, answering the phone call.

"Spencie where the hell are you?" she yelled over the other line, my ear taking the blow.

"I- I'm in Los Angeles right now." I replied, looking down at Grace who had fallen asleep.

"What the hell? You just get up and don't tell me?"

"Heather, it was late notice for work." I explained.

"You could of at least called me. Let me guess, you're spending time with Grace again?"

"Heather, she's on my team, I work with her."

"Whatever, I can't stand her."

"Yes, I'm well aware. I'll call you later."

"Bye Spencie." she cried, the line going silent.

I shoved my phone back in my pocket, leaning my head back against the head rest behind me as my eyes gazed out the window.

"Goodness, she's in a horrible mood." Grace commented, her head still on my shoulder.

"She's just jealous of you." I snickered a bit as Emily pulled into the field office, parking the car.

I pulled Grace's head of my shoulder as she reached over to unbuckle her lap belt, getting out of the car on the other side. Walking around, we both met up with Morgan and his babygirl before walking into the station.

"I see someone got in a bit of shut eye on the drive." Morgan commented, Grace's mascara a bit smudged from rubbing her eyes.

"Here," I reached over, cupping Grace's face and wiping the makeup from below her eyes, her cheeks blushing.

"See, you guys are like practically married." Garcia giggled, Grace slapping her shoulder.

All of us proceeded to follow the team into the building and to the elevator, heading up to the seventh floor to meet up with the agent in charge, Agent Oliver Green.

Hotch walked into the office first, all of us trailing behind him like we were his children. "Hello, I'm looking for Agent Oliver Green?" he asked the front desk attendant.

"Down the hall and to your right." she instructed us, Hotch immediately taking off as if he knew exactly where he was going.

"May I help you?" we were stopped by a tall looking man, an agent in the building.

"Yes, we're actually looking for Agent Green." Morgan chimed in as Hotch didn't even bother to stop.

Turns out, the agent we were speaking to was actually Green, who then lead us into a conference room as always to help us get set up.