chapter twenty three

Again?

5 x 7 - The Performer

Grace's POV:

"Spence." I rolled over, running my hands through his hair.

"Hm?" he slightly groaned, his head buried in a pillow beside me.

"We fell asleep together again." I rested my head back on a pillow, staring up at the ceiling.

Spencer rolled over, tucking his hand under his head, gazing at me. All things he knew I hated, especially this early.

"You know I hate that." I scoffed, still looking at the ceiling.

He snickered a bit. "Did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed."

"Actually yes, you slept on my side." I informed him.

Spencer shrugged. "Looks like you need some morning cuddles then."

He grabbed me by my wrist, pulling me on top of him and to the other side of the bed as he managed to roll over to where I was laying. I rolled my eyes as I rested beside him once again, ready to slap him this time.

"You could've just let me lay on your chest, not fling me across the bed." I pouted, rolling over to face him.

"Boo you. No kiss, gosh." he groaned, crossing his arms across his chest.

I rolled my eyes, sitting up and resting my head against the headboard once again. Spencer did the same.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked, an awkward tension growing between us.

He smiled. "Three, two, one."

"Wh-why are you counting down?" I began to panic a bit, and then both of our phones buzzed.

"That's what we get to do today." he laughed, rolling over and grabbing his phone.

Garcia: Be in by ten, pack a bag. Headed to Los Angeles.

I groaned, pulling my legs to the edge of the bed before slowly standing up. Spencer did the same, walking over to where I was standing.

"You know, I don't get why serial killers can't be mindful of the time we spend together." I wrapped my arms around his waist.

He smiled, placing a kiss on my forehead. "Stupid serial killers."

I smiled too, kissing him again before releasing my arms and making my way over to the bathroom, staring the shower.

Meanwhile, Spencer was brewing a pot of coffee for the two of us. Only way I knew was by the ruckus he was making in the kitchen, per usual.

"What's burning?" I asked Spencer , scrunching my hair with my t-shirt.

He spun around from the toaster. "Nothing."

I grinned, walking over and hugging him from behind. "You're a horrible cook."

"Hey! I'll burn your toast too!" he threatened.

I rolled my eyes, pulling open the fridge to grab the creamer and oat milk for my coffee, before Spencer could drink the rest.

Sitting down at the counter to enjoy my coffee and half burnt toast, Spencer headed back into the bedroom to shower and get ready. Luckily, he had his go bag in his car.

**

"It's about time you two showed up." Derek teased as Spencer followed me into the bullpen.

I rolled my eyes. "Shove it Derek."