chapter six

Crushed

Grace's POV: 

My head pounded. The sunlight poured into my room through the narrow window that looked out onto the town. I guess my blackout curtains weren't worth the seventy dollars I spent on them after all. 

Pulling myself out of bed and to the kitchen for a glass of water, I thought over what to do today. Saturday, no plans, cold weather. 

After thinking as I downed two glasses of cold water, I decided to ask Spencer if he wanted to grab a movie this evening and maybe dinner. So, I walked back to the bedroom to grab my phone and call Spence. 

"Spencer Reid speaking." he answered, half awake with his morning voice. 

"Good morning to you too pretty boy." 

"What's up? And how come you sound less hungover than I am?" 

"Water. But, do you want to go catch a movie tonight?" I plopped down on the couch. 

"That sounds like fun, but I actually have a date tonight." 

"A date?" I nearly spit out the water in my mouth, sitting up straight. I was shocked to hear the word "date" come out of his mouth. 

"Yeah it's with this girl named Heather. We met through mutual friends about a month back and she wanted to go grab some dinner tonight." he explained. 

"Oh sounds like fun." I sat down my glass of water on the coffee table, feeling hurt. 

"Yeah. Well, I'll talk to you later. Heather is on the other line."

"Okay, have fun-" Spencer cut me off, hanging up the line. 

A date? Spencer Reid on a date? 

I have to be dreaming because I don't think I could ever picture him on a date. 

Ever

I was a bit confused also at the fact that not once had Spencer ever mentioned someone named Heather. It almost made me think that he just was trying to get out of seeing me even though that wasn't like him. 

----

Spencer's POV: 

"Good morning hot stuff." Heather answered the phone as I clicked over. 

"Good morning to you too." I stood up, attempting to make the bed. 

"Ready for our date tonight?" No, I'd rather be with Grace at the movies. 

"Can't wait." I lied, placing the pillows at the head of the bed. 

"I'll see you at six then!" she giggled. 

"See you then." I hung up the phone, leaving her without the chance to slip in an unneeded "I love you". 

Walking out of my bedroom, I made my way into the bathroom to brush my teeth and begin to get ready for the day. 

As I stood in front of the mirror, pulling my toothbrush back and forth across my teeth, I ran through a mental to-do list. 

Surprise Grace with lunch so she doesn't hate me. 

Suffer on my date tonight. 

Finish my book. 

Get gas. 

----

Grace's POV: 

"I'm coming over." I called Emily, hanging up the phone before she could protest. 

i think i'm in love with you |s.reid|On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara