chapter nineteen

Not Good.

Grace's POV:

"Holy Hannah-" I mumbled to myself, realizing everything that had just happened last night.

I glanced over at the clock, reading 5:30 am, too early to even get out of bed.

I tried my best not to move, considering Spencer had his arms around me.

Shit. I really messed up.

This wasn't good.

"Spence?" I whispered, looking up at him.

"Hm?" he asked, half asleep still.

"We-we," I couldn't even speak.

"What?"

"Shoot." I sat up in the bed, my hands catching my head.

Spencer's hand rested on the back of my neck, massaging it a bit.

"No Spencer, we really messed up, like bad." I told him, panicking a bit.

"What? Because we slept together? Grace, we didn't do anything." he assured me.

"Spence, we kissed." I reminded him, the vivid memories flooding back.

"And I'd do it again." he snickered a bit.

"But Spencer, we're best friends. Best friends don't kiss each other." I pulled the blankets off of me, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"Then why can't we be more than that?"

"Bec-because Spence." I shook my head, getting up and throwing on a sweater of mine, taking off his.

I screwed up. And I was making it worse. I didn't know how to fix this.

----

Spencer's POV:

"Grace, I get it." I spoke up, pulling myself from the other side of the bed.

"No Spencer, you don't. No matter how smart you are, you don't get it." she raised her voice.

"Then what is it?"

"Spencer, I can't be more than just a friend to you. No, best friends aren't supposed to be like that." she shook her head, the panic apparent in her voice.

Was this all my fault?

I knew I shouldn't have kissed her last night.

"Then what was last night to you? You think that's just normal for best friends?" I asked.

"I was high off all those painkillers from the hospital. Last night was just an accident." Grace shot back.

"Oh-Oh really? You're just going to stand here and act like last night was nothing to you?" I threw up my hands in defeat. "Whatever you say Grace."

I walked over, grabbing my duffel bag and sliding on my shoes.

"Wh-where are you going?" she asked.

"Away from here. Probably to Heather's." I scoffed, turning and walking out of her apartment and down the stairs to my car.

I threw my bag in the backseat, turning and sticking my key into the ignition and starting the car. I slammed my hands against the wheel. I really messed up this time.

Bad.

But, I didn't have a choice. What happened, happened, and there was no changing it.

There was no taking back or changing the feelings I felt and still feel for Grace.