Chapter 31 - Surprise! -

ᴀɴ: ᴀ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʜɪs ʙ-ᴅᴀʏ!!
ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢɢɢ: sᴏᴍᴇ sᴍᴏᴏᴄʜᴇs ᴀʜᴇᴀᴅ :)

"Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday Captain Levi!"

Cadets sang and cheer after Levi open the messy hall. His face showed a dark aura and glare almost each of us. Then his face became blankly. The room fell into silence.

"A-ah! Shorty! Hello, hi. Happiest Birthday to you!" Hanji shouts to lighten up the mood. Cadets awkwardly yells tye same thing as well while I'm here at my seat and just eating.

"Do I look like happy to you, Four eyes?" He shortly response. I twist my head to look at his face again. He looks angry.

His eyes spotted a paper, wandering right on his feet. He bent down and picked the paper off the ground. Stretching his arms out and shake his hands as the paper wiggle with his hands. "What the fuck is this? This place dirty."

"A-a paper..." Hanji responds with a shakily sighed. Her answer almost made me burst the water in my mouth. I quickly gulped it and stand up.

His face turned to my direction and I gave him a small smile. "Captain! Don't be mad at us. They prepared this for you." I said in calmer voice.

Hanji looked at me and gave me a smile while her eyes hint of a bit of sadness. I stand in front of Levi then taking the paper away from him and layed it on the table.

"Can we talk first? I need something to tell you." I seriously whispered to him . He stared at me before exiting the room silently. I followed after I told the cadets "We'll be back.."

I followed him to where his feet led him to. We ended up going into a room with not as much of object. The window was closed so it won't let the fresh air enter the room.

The sound of creaking tells that he already closed the door. I walked to the closed door and tried opening it. It won't budge.

I tried force in it but it won't still open it. I wonder why..

"The window can't be opened. This room is very old and not have been in used until the people here had died." Levi somehow teleported on my side while he explains the history of this room.

I examine the room. It makes me hard to believe that this room hasn't been used since the people, Levi had spoken of who had died... There's no a single dust in here.

"Who were the people last stayed in this room..?" I asked. My face swing back to Levi and saw his eyes that was dead. No expression can be presented in his steel eyes.

I saw his jaw clenched and his Adam's apple slide up and down. He glance at the window. The outside was almost dark and showed the birds soaring onto the clouds, leaves dancing with each other and the beautiful sun that was setting down.

My face suddenly became dull and my lips parted. I study the sunset carefully.  'The sunsets are very beautiful... I hope the moon does do today.'

"My two friends.."

My eyes widened as my eyes slowly came back to his face. He was staring at me. My face formed a small frown.

"What.. happened to them?" My voice suddenly became more quiet. His eyes looked down at my shoes and back to my regretful face. And he.. smirked at me?