Chapter 20 --Parents--

Cries of the people became more and more loud as we entered the closed walls. People gathered around, some are making space to make us through. They started shouting the names of their loved ones while my head look around at them.

Cadets started jumping out of their horses, tasting the warmth of each other's body. I spotted a woman with almost the same face of the lady that I failed to rescue...

I stared at her worried eyes, next to her is a man hugging her. Realization hit me, making me jump out of my horse. I rush to the couple.

"Excuse me please." I then make through the crowd to them. My breath was heavy to emit around my nose and mouth. The couple had then come to notice me.

"M-miss Y/N.." the couple knew my name. I wasn't surprise by that, knowing my name is fine for me..

"Ishikawa? Is that.. your family name?" I ask them to confirm that this was the family of the lady. I didn't catch her name.. how idiot of me.
"Y-yes! Do you know a girl name Chiyo?" The man spoke while the woman beside him had widened eyes.

She suddenly let go of their embrace and she grabbed my shaking hands.
"Where is Chiyo?" Biting my lower lip to control my tears from releasing.
"Chiyo.. is a very nice name."

Their eyes widened again once more while I shift my face to a blank face to them. "My daughter please.. let me see her." The mother started sobbing more as she embrace me. I jump a little, not familiar with the warmth.

More and more attention had gathered around us. But my eyes were so focus on the couples. "Ma'am, Sir." The woman free me from the squeeze she had done.

I walk two steps backwards, opening the pocket on my breast. I take the notebook that Chiyo gave me after her death. "Chiyo... loves the two of you ya know." I then handed them the small notebook along with the badge on her uniform. "Chiyo love the both of you."

Chiyo's father started sobbing after they open the notebook, realizing it was their daughter's handwriting. They flipped each of the pages as the tears rolled over their cheeks. The mother suddenly closed Chiyo's diary.
She looks at the sky as she clench the notebook.

"Chiyo! I will never forgive you, you idiot child! Me and your father was waiting for you.. to come back. But look at where your going. It's the wrong way, Chiyo!" She shouted.

The people near us gaze at our direction, not even caring how many attention we're carrying right now.

"You ungrateful child! Joining as a soldier without us knowing is unforgettable. You were supposed to marry a husband man, remember? I told you that! Be a woman and tell us whenever you're leaving, don't just scram away without our goodbye's! Your dad promise to buy you a beautiful dress when you get married, and I also want to have grandchildren.. For god sake, don't leave us Chiyo! We missed you.."

(ᴀʜʜ... ɪᴛ's ᴛᴏᴏ ʟᴏɴɢ.)

After that, she breathed in and out then looking back at me. Rushing to hug me again, my eyebrow were frowning and my hands was shaking. Mr. Ishikawa had also embrace me. I feel like I was strike by a strong thunderbolt due to my heartbeat and my statue self.

"Miss Y/N.. thank you."

Tears rolled down on my pale cheeks. I parted my lips to speak but, somehow I can't make a sound. The couples were shock by my appearance. Of course, everyone here had the image of me being mighty and strong. "S-sorry.. I didn't mean to make you cry Miss Y/N." The couple explained.

I shook my head, wiping the tears to my sleeve. "No, I was the one who supposed to say sorry. I.. couldn't save her." I shut my eyes closed expecting a slap from them but instead a pat on the head by her Father. Mrs. Ishikawa place her right hand on my shoulder.

"It's ok.. you had done your best, Miss Y/N." Then they flashed a small smile on their faces. My expression become calm after hearing theirs answers.

"I.. never felt this kind of feeling after the tragedy happen to me."

The crowd suddenly went quite. I felt eyes linger around to me. "What kind of feeling?" They ask.

I curled my hand to a fist, placing it to my left chest. I move my other arm to
my back, forming to our way of saluting. Tilting my head to my right side, my low ponytail slide to the right side as well. Smiling with closed eyes.

"Parent's love."