Chapter 33 - Invitation -

I slammed the door opened. Hanji flinched but she smiled as soon she sees me at the door. She looks to her arm then to me.

"Hello Y/N!" She shouted to me with smile. I rushed to her and immediately wrapped my arms around her neck.

"Hanji.."

I felt her left arm raise and place it to my back while her chin is placed on my shoulders. Her right arm was injured because someone hurt her.

"Do you remember the person who hurt you?" I ask her. Her grip on my clothes tightned. "No, sorry. But it's ok! I'm alright."

I step back and state at her injured arm. 'Who will do that to Hanji.. last time I know is that no one loathe her. Levi do, but he wouldn't go too far. The cadets are fine with her as well... So who the hell-'

"Y/N!"

Oppss.. I was so deep in thoughts.

"Sorry, what was it again?" I chuckled. Her face softens and she took both of my hand forward to her. She smiles with her teeth showed and laughed at me. I was shocked by her sudden reaction.

"Y/N, I said I'm healthy, I'm alright, my arm is the one not. It can heal in a short of time. Don't worry 'bout short thing."

Then she flashes another big grin that makes me smile too. "Yeah.."

Slowly closing the door to not disturb Hanji's rest. My back pressed on the wooden door and sliding down as my butt hit the floor. I sighed in distress and closed my eyes.

No distractions can be heard from both side of my ear. The sun is down and the moon will be out soon. It's getting colder..

'Just who...'

My head suddenly rang and continued ringing like clumsy bells. My hand touched my head and started massaging it. I felt my stomach want to give in and want vomit. I gathered my strength to my feet to stand me up.

'The other day Lyra was acting weird, then yesterday was awful. I thought that someone was eyeing me but everytime I look back, no one was there. And Hanji had an accident today... I really need a time out. I also felt don't like eating today.'

I was rushing to go outside and just felt like walking the whole night was amazing but rules are rules, I guess. I can't stay out long.

People drinking liquor and smoking cigarettes. Children playing with one another. Sellers, selling their own products shouts to gather buyers. It was like my home back then...

"Ah,the missy from back then! Have you kissed Mister?"

'Waaa. The kid who dared me back in the Survey Corps interview.'

She run to me and showed me both of her hand. I pressed mine to her. Her lips grew into a large grin then laughed.

"Hello!" she ecxitedly greets me. I saw her fingers curled, then spread it again, curled, spread and it continues to do that.

"Hi, what are you doing here?"  I greeted back.

She reaches for my hand then we started walking. My eyebrow raised and my head tilted a little while my mind can't stop wonder where we were going. "Where are we going?" I asked the happy little girl.

"That's a secret, Missy!"

We continued walking and I ended up enjoying our walk. She's a lively child and is so sweet. She told me her name was Lanny and she were 8. I had said my name as well.

"Y/N is a wonderful name! Did your Dad give it you?" She asked me and in an almost shouting voice. I clenched my teeth and my grip onto Lanny tightened.

"Uhm no, my mother did.."

"Really? Well Lanny's name was given by Dad!"

"Lanny's a beautiful name too."

She suddenly stops and raised her head to me. She smiled at me then pointed at the house in front of us. "We're here!" She let go of my hand then run towards the door.

"Lanny, where are we? Is this your house?" My eyes wandered at the current place we are in. It's just a normal house that almost everyone has the same style.

The walls are bricks and their roof is a brownish tiles with a chimney on top of it. The wooden door opened and reveal a neat living room.

"Yup! Mom is cooking something that is food! And is very delicious."

She took off her shoes and run in and enter another room. I peeked in Lanny's home and I could smell the food her mom's cooking. A shout was heard after I step in their house.

"Lanny! Where have you been!?" A more matured voice shouts. "Mom, Miss Y/N is here!" I flinched when I heard Lanny shouts my name. Footsteps was the next I heard and is getting louder.

A woman with chocolate brown hair color and green eyes that is similar to Lanny comes out. Her eyes widened and run towards me.

"Ah! thank you very much!!"

'She is so like Lanny, heh.'

"If you don't remember.. A thief stolen my basket that was full of bread and you run after him. I got my basket back, thank you!"

My lips formed a small o, then smiling towards Lanny's mom. "Your welcome.. eh-"

"Jen! My name's Jen."

"Your welcome, Jen."

Her eyebrows made a small frown then her mouth were hanging open. Green eyes were sparkling. "You were so cool back then!" She shouted. It made me thought that she's like the Lanny but a grown up!

"Mom! The fish are gonna burn! Ahhhh!!" Lanny screams in the other room which I supposed the kitchen. Her mom came running towards the kitchen.. and I could do is laugh.

"Sorry about that Miss Y/N. Now the other side of the fish is a little burned. It's all Mom's fault."

I laughed and sat on their kitchen chair. "No no no, it's my fault Lanny. I came here anannounced, sorry about that."

Jen chuckled and sat beside me. Taking my hands to handshake with me. "Y/N, you can come here whenever you want. You can even stay here forever!" She coughs. "I'm not joking."

"Thanks for the unlimited invitation, Jen. I really do appreciate it."

She gave me a smile then look at the food. "You should eat here too, Ok?"
The next thing I do is nodded. I don't know why but I like Jen and Lanny. I really want to stay here...

Have a family beside me and care for me..

ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ: ᴊᴀɴᴜᴀʀʏ 16, 2021
: ʜᴀᴅ 2 ᴡᴇᴇᴋs ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴄᴜᴢ ɪ'ᴍ sᴏ ʙᴜsʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ ʀɴ. :)