chapter 7

The rest of the week went on pretty much normal, this is how my days looked like: work, home, tv and doze off, i cannot remember the last time i had a proper meal, I pass out on the couch sometimes and i dont even bother going to the bedroom, I've been feeling really down the past few days.

Today is saturday, no work, i decide to lighten up my mood a bit with some uplifting gospel music by Sbuh Noah.
I connect my phone to the sound system and blast the music loud, I am playing Zundikhaphe this song has a way of making me feel his presence again, in times when i feel at my lowest i know that God will carry me through because that's exactly what the lyrics of the song plead for.

While blasting Sbuh noah , i put my laundry in the washing machine, i clean up the house, take out old food out of the fridge and wash all my plates, i basically do what i havent done since my first day at work, my place looks homey again.

I go out to hang my laundry, it very chilly today, i was hoping to go to the mall and look for products suitable for my new diet. After hanging the clothes i go to the kitchen to take out pork chops from the fridge, which i plan on cooking for dinner with alfredo pasta.

While in the kitchen i hear my door bell, who could it be because i have been a loner eversince i got here. When i open the door i am met by a very beautiful coloured lady, probably my age if not a year or two older, she's very beautiful with a short afro and flawless skin.

"Hey, i heard the music blasting and i guess i was led by the spirit" she chuckles nervously, I step aside signalling her to come in, she releases a sigh of relief, i guess she was expecting that i would be rude or unwelcoming.

I jog to the living areas and turn down the music, "hey, I'm Zinhle" i say, while offering my hand for a casual handshake, she smiles taking my hand into hers "I am Natasha, i live 2 doors away, Nice to meet you" she then lets go of my hand.

"Would you like something to drink?" As i walk towards the fridge to check what exactly do i have to offer an unexpected guest "i would love to stay for longer but i left my daughter alone sleeping, if she wakes me and I'm not there she'll throw a tantrum" we both laugh lightly.

"I was actually here to ask if you would like to join us this sunday at our church? The service only takes 2 hours and it's a walking distance from here" she's speaking so quick you'd assume she's afraid I'll say no or she's trying to convince me.

I smile"i would love to, thank you so much, I guess I'll see you tomorrow?"
"Sure, be ready at 9h20 since the service starts at 9h30, that'll give us 10 minutes to walk" she smiles before walking out.

This is actually God's way of speaking to me, I think going to church is exactly what i need with the way i am currently feeling...