chapter 50

My father inlaw barely ever calls me, I'm quite sure that my husband put him up to this. But since I'll be spending the night at a hotel room, i could do with a nice home cooked meal. I get to their estate and park in the driveway, it's a bit chilly outside and I'm wearing a sleeveless dress. I've changed into slippers because pumps get uncomfortable at times and also they make my feet sweat and it all becomes smelly, thats the very same reason i stopped wearing pumps back in varsity.

I walk to the door and ring the bell, my mother in law opens the door "Zinhle, its cold out here and you're not even dressed for the weather" she says making way for me to come in, i just smile briefly, she leads me to the sitting room where i found my father in law sitting next to the fire place reading a newspaper, great my cheating husband isnt around.

"Makoti" he greet  "yebo baba" i say while taking a seat, "ukahle(are you okay)?" Well something tells me that he's asking me this but he already knows what my response will be, or he already knows what's going on. I just nodd, Ma comes with a tray and places it in front of me, she rushes upstairs and comes back with a small blanket, she hands it to me "here you go, it's cold" she hands it to me then pours me a cup of green tea, i hate the bitter taste but she assures me that it'll protect me from catching a cold after spending some much time outside in this cold weather.

We sit in silence while i occassionally take sips of my bitter tea. After sometime, Ma lets us know that dinner is ready, we sit around the table, say grace, then we dig in. As I'm still enjoying my samp and beef stew, a familiar scent hits my nostrils, he clears his throat. A part of me wants to stand up and leave but that's disrespectful to uMa noBaba plus my baby seems to really be enjoying this meal. So i look up at him then back to my food.

After dinner, i stand to clear the table but uMa declines, she takes the dishes and goes to the kitchen, Baba says he has some work to finish up so he goes to his study. I'm now left with Phenyo, I knew this was all part of his plan.

"maMvuleni" he says, although he's not looking at me, he's looking down. I just stare at him blankly, the thought of him being with someone else really numbs me. "It's not what it looks like" i dont say anything, not because i dont have anything to say, I'm trying by all means to prevent myself from breaking down, my baby deserves a healthy and happy mum, so I'm trying by all means to stay calm.

He goes on to explaining how he met Vannessa and what happened, all the way to how she kissed him. You know i really wanted to find out the truth, now i regret it, i regret my desire to find out what actually happened because this hurts more than knowing that he cheated, she kissed him yet he didnt report it, he's protecting her, why is he protecting her? Could it be that he feels some sort of attraction to her?

He rushes to my side and wipes my tears, i want to tell him to stop, i want to tell him not to touch me but right now i just need him to hold me. It's crazy how love works, the same people that hurt us are usually the only ones that can take the pain away.

"Let's go home" thats the only thing i managed to say, he doesnt wait for me to tell him twice. He rushes to inform his mum that we are leaving. We walk out hand in hand. We decided to leave his car since its already in the garage and he'll drive us home in mine. The drive home was silent. We got home and i didnt even wait for him to open the door for me like he usually does.

I take my luggage bag with me. I head upstairs then went straight to the bathroom to take a shower. After sometime,i walk out, grab a towl and walk back into the bedroom. He's sitting on the edge of the bed. I walk to the closet and grab one of his t shirts. After getting dressed in his t shirt i get into the covers. He takes off his clothes and also joins me, he pulls me into his arms, and yet again tears are flowing like a fountain.

I really want this to go away, i want to feel better again , i want to believe that my husband only has eyes for me. "Phenyo" i call out for him "babe" he responds "take the pain away, please" he then smashes his lips on me, planting a wet kiss, it gets heated in no time but he is in no rush, he goes down and nibbles on my neck, while his hand makes it's way to my right boob, he moves his finger in circular motion around my nipple, he continues nibbling on my neck then slowly goes further and further down. He starts planting wet kisses between my thighs, i finally feel his tongue against my privates. I involuntarily let out a moan, he keeps going and i can feel my pleasure build up, as my moans get loud, his motion increases, as i draw closer to my climax, i feel his finger making it's way in, that alone just pushes me to the edge, my toes curl, my holding on to the sheets for dear life, before letting out a loud moan.

He gets back up and kisses me while positioning himself, he lets himself in slowly. "Look at me" he says, i open my eyes to be met by his. He starts motioning slowly, part of me wants him to increase the pace but this feels right, it's like our souls are reconnecting by every motion, i feel tears streaming down my face, he keeps wiping my tears while whispering to me how sorry he is. He increases the pace before we climax together.

We are now laying in bed, with me between in his arms. I cant lie, it hurts and i cant let this thing eat me up any longer. "Why are you protecting her" i blurt out. He sighs before sitting up "I thought you'd say that, babe listen, I'm not protecting anyone here, all that I'm doing is avoiding any drama that might come after reporting this to management, this girl can drag my name down just because i turned her down, besides, she's too young, when i look at her i see a child" I'm assuming the last part was his way of reassuring me.

I dont think I'll ever heal from him, I've never believed that i deserve happiness or anything that is as close to perfect as what phenyo and i have so i really took a hard knock from this Vannessa saga. "I think we should see someone" he turns to look at me as if I'm crazy "why do we have to let in a 3rd person into our marital affairs?" He says, it's a bit more exclaimed as if he's shouting but trying by all means to keep his cool.

He stands and wears his boxers, "we cannot always deal with our issues on our own, sometimes we need professional opinions" at this point i should probably just give up, the past couple of years I've learned that it's quite difficult to try and convince my husband.

He takes his cellphone and walks to the door, "I'll be in the study, don't wait up" he says that before slamming the door.