chapter 51

Its been a month since the vannessa saga, my husband and i are getting better. Baby steps right?... speaking of which, we've started decorating our pumpkin's nursery, that has honestly been some sort of therapy for us, its where we get to bond and talk without bitting each other's head's off.

We've went back to attending the parenting classes together and it has been amazing even though sometimes my husband seems bored. Vannessa was apparently moved to the Johannesburg branch, between you and me, I'm still not 100% comfortable with the whole issue but I chose to let it slide, for my baby's health.

We've started brainstorming baby names, my husband made it clear that no child of his will have an english name because apparently nguni names remind them of their roots until I actually suggested that if pumpkin is a boy then we can name him Phenyo Junior,he's 100% for the idea, in fact he's actually hoping for a baby boy.

Mpumi is engaged, yes! And because of work, i couldn't celebrate this with her. Tasha is trying out for a baby and it's been weighing down on her as it looks like one of them might be having complications and it doesnt make it any easier that I'm pregnant.

My sisters will be coming over for my birthday. Its in 2 weeks and i honestly don't have anything planned. I'm tired  already at 6 months.

My husband is at work and I'm off from work today. I've been on this couch since my husband left and it's already 12 midday. All i ever want to do is stuff my face with food. I've stopped driving myself around because Phenyo says i need to quit doing anything that strains my body,whatever that means.

I feel like going out to buy more decorations for pumpkins nursery, I'll just uber to the mall since hubby dearest is at work. I take a quick shower, get dressed in a free flowing brown maternity dress with push ins, tied my hair into a half bun, laid my edges then took a bag that matches my shoes. It's really difficult to dress up during pregnancy, but honestly i still try by all means to put some effort in my outfits.

Before requesting a ride i first send my hubby a text informing him that I'm headed to the mall. He responds saying that he'll be here in 10 minutes,but i mean I told him that I'd request an uber. Anyway as i wait for him i decide to get a snack, i have a huge obsession over apples and almond butter lately, weird how i used to hate any nutty butter from a young age but lately I'm obsessed.

I slice my apples and dip them into the almond spread, Heaven i tell you!
My husband enters while I'm still having my foodgasm moment. "Mrs Mazibuko" he plants a kiss on my cheek,well thats because he cannot stand the smell of almond butter. "baba ka pumpkin" he smiles proudly, he likes it when i call him that. "Let me rush upstairs and change I'll be back now now" he is in his 3 piece navy italian double breasted suit.

I finish my snack and decide to tidy up, my husband comes down looking hella fine in a pair of blue ripped jeans, a navy casual buttoned t shirt with rolled up sleeves and a black airforce. But then i hate this haircut, Phenyo is almost 33 years old yet he's still rocking hairstyles for guys my age, thats why he's attracting kids. According to me a real man should be bald headed.

"This dress looks good on you makaPumpkin(pumpkin's mother)" i smile, but deep down i know he's just trying to be nice, nothing ever looks good on me lately. We drive out in his range rover. He connects his phone so he can play some music. He plays a song I'm familiar with because everyone is currently jamming to it, its "dinaledi" I'm just not sure who the artist is but this is a really nice song.

We get to the mall and walk in hand in hand. The first stop is a baby store of cause. I was so tempted to buy pink decorations,they're just so adorable honestly but we had to stick to grey, white and yellow. After getting everything and arranging for things to be delivered to us tomorrow we went to woolworths for some grocery shopping.

We get to the bread spread isle. "I still dont get how you can stomach this almond spread" he says while chuckling, "well you should ask pumpkin because I'm not the only one enjoying it" while we're still laughing someone calls out my name from behind us, we both turn and before it registers, this lady wraps her arms around me in a tight hug. "Zinhle, look at you girl!" She says, but I'm still trying to put my finger on it, i cannot recall who she is.

"Mbali? High school?" Oh then it clicks "Mbali Mthembu!" I say returning the smile and trying my all means to hide my shock. She's one of the girls that used to bully me in high school, i was always the nerd, got good grades and every teachers favourite so people always used my weight as a way to bring me down which worked quite well honestly.

"Look at you! All grown" she says  i just smile at her "so who's this? Your brother?" She asks while eying my husband like he's the last piece of meat left on the braai stand . "Oh no he's..." before i could finish, hubby dearest jumps in "Phenyo Mazibuko, Her HUSBAND" he puts so much emphasis on the last part. She looks shocked, "oh wow Zinhle, we should catch up sometime,here's my number, you can even come by to my salon so we can see what we can do about your hair, bye now" she quickly walks off.

After paying at woolworths we decide to grab something to eat, I'm craving for a seafood boil so we buy it as a takeaway, my husband opts for a shrimp pasta. On our drive home "are you okay maMazibuko?" My husband asks while rubbing my thigh with his other hand on the wheel. I sigh "I'm alright babe" he stares at me briefly then back on the road "We'll talk about it later then" he says. Well we've come to an agreement that none of us sleeps upset or sad, we will talk about it and move on from it before sleeping, hence why he says we'll talk about it before bed.