chapter 33

Finally! Today is Phenyo's birthday, he's turning 32 years but wow this man sleeping right next to me looks nothing like 32 years. I'm still upset and he hasnt apologized but I'll put that on hold for today. He's still asleep, i plant kisses all over his face, he opens his eyes with a faint smile on his face. "Good morning birthday boy"  he pulls be back into his arms "morning maMvuleni wam" he kisses me, i swear this kiss made me forget the reason why i was even upset with him in the first place. There's a knock even before he can take off my pj shirt.

See you're probably wondering why Phenyo and i havent done the deed since, well everytime theres always something that will interrupt us, then after dealing with whatever it is, I'm no longer in the mood for it so we just let it go. It really frustrates him when these minor interruptions happen. When we are in cape town his brothers always show up unannounced or his friends need help with something and its urgent. In KZN i dont even entertain the idea because this is his parent's house.

He gets off me then attends to the door He's half naked "Sbu ufunani?(what do you want?)" Yeah he's annoyed. i decide to take a shower while he is busy with his brother. After my shower i find him doing the bed. I'm wearing my gown. I take out his birthday gift and hand it to him "happy birthday my love" he sits down on the bed and starts unwrapping the gift i bought him a wrist watch and wallet which is embroidered with his initials and surname and i also bought him an A3 portrait of a picture we took together which is one of his favourites and a journal, the journal is made up of our pictures then i also wrote 32 reasons why i love him.

He's tearing up, my baby actually has a soft side, he pulls me to sit on his lap before attacking my lips with a slow and passionate kiss. While kissing i feel his hand moving up my thigh, I'm naked underneath this gown, but i let him continue with it. He stops, I'm not happy but again, this is his parents house.

"Thank you so much my love, this has to be by far the best birthday gift I've ever recieved, i love you maMvuleni wam, and I'm grateful to have you"
We kiss before he decides to also take a bath, when we get downstairs its so busy, the caterers are moving around, the decor people are preparing outside in the garden and everyone else is having breakfast. There are kids here one looks like Qawe, she's probably 5 years old, the other 2 boys look like Sbusiso. We join them and everyone welcomes Phenyo with birthday wishes "happy birthday babomncane" the boys say "happy birthday babomkhulu" the girl says, she rushes to sit on Phenyo's lap. She looks at me "hello,my name is Enhle" she's so adorable "hi Enhle, I'm Zinhle"- "Aunt Zinhle" thats Phenyo adding in "nice to meet you Aunty Zinhle, your hair is so pretty" i smile at her "thank you,you're also pretty" she smiles shyly "can i sit with aunty Zinhle?" She's pleading with Phenyo the excitement on her face when Phenyo nodds is just priceless.

We all continue eating while she's on my lap eating from my plate then after breakfast Thabile and Nkule clean up "Aunty Zinhle can you please help me to make my dolls hair look at pretty as yours?" I nodd while lightly chuckling. She pulls me upstairs to her room and this basically turned into a playdate with enhle because we spent some time playing dolls and having imaginery tea. We finally walk down stairs for a snack .

"Mommy can i please stay here with Aunty Zinhle for a few days" Nkule looks at her with a smile "no baby, aunty is going back to work soon" she takes Enhle from my arms then smiles at me and mouths a "Thank you"

Its 4pm and now everyone is off to prepare themselves for the celebration. I got to Phenyo's room and found him pacing around the room looking nervous, "babe, are you okay?" He looks up at me and gives me a nervous smile. He looks great in a black slim fitted italian double breasted suite which has tight fitting pants, a white shirt and a white airforce, my mans even smells like a million dollars.

I take a quick shower and change into my dress and heels. I tie my hair into a half bun then lay my edges. Theres a knock Phenyo attends to it "uyakufuna uThabile(Thabile is looking for you)" i follow after him to the door "sisi, please be my doll for the day? I swear I'll keep it minimal" she's giving me pleading eyes how can i even say no "sure why not" i smile then she hugs me out of excitement. Phenyo is chased out of the room and then she works her magic. We both step out. It seems everyone is already at the garden.

Thabile goes to the kitchen so i walk out on my own, i scan around for my man and i spot him with Sphelele and Andile. I go over to them "hey guys, i didnt know you were coming, how are you?" They smile "sikahle maMnisi(we are good), you look great" thats sphelele. Phenyo is being unusual today, he hasnt even touched me and anyone that knows us knows that we never stand next to each other without holding hands.

I excuse myself, i walk over to the mini bar set up and grab a glaas of orange juice. "Attention everyone may we take our seats" Sbu is the MC. Phenyo is sitting on those big couches while I'm sitting with the rest of his family. The programme goes on with speeches from friends, family, cousins, aunts, uncles and his parents. Finally its time for Phenyo to say a few words before we wrap up the formalities.

"Thank you all for coming to celebrate this special day with me. I'd like to thank my mother for making this all possible, I'd like to thank my brothers for making me look great today, they are the masterminds behind this outfit. I'd like to thank my dad, for everything, the guidance and for always being my support. I'd like to thank my friends for coming and also the past couple of day's havent been the easiest for me but they've truly supported me, last but not least, I'd like to thank my amazing partner, my pillar of strength, I'm so grateful to have met someone as amazing as yourself maMnisi, and that's why i bought you this gift"

He walks over to where I'm sitting, holds my hand as i stand then he goes down on one knee, what is Phenyo doing, I'm teary already, "maMvuleni wam, I've loved you since the very first time i laid my eyes on you,from that day i knew that i had to make you my wife, you've changed my perception on life, you've given me something to look forward to every single day, ngiyakthanda maMvuleni omuhle, ngicela ungishade(i love you, would you please marry me?)" I'm a mess, make up was such a bad idea.

I cannot even utter words so i just nod then he slides it in, it fits perfectly, he gets up and attacks me with a kiss. Today is officially the best day of my life