chapter 13

A week later.
5 days before my birthday and i still have absolutely no plans, i tried convincing my sisters to fly down for at least 2 days but unfortunately Thengi has a confrence at work during the week of my birthday while Zinzi says her husband is away on business so she is alone with the kids. I guess I'll just opt for an indoor movie night, and probably cook all my favourites, maybe even bake a cake.

Phelo posted a few pictures of him, he was here in cape town with one of the guys we met at the club, we really dont talk much anymore and unlike when this whole tension started, now i truly understand why we drifted apart, school kept us together as it was something we shared in common, now we lead different lives, I dont party or drink so I probably bore them with my church stuff.

Tasha is seeing someone, this amazing guy from church, he is the head of ushers and a very decent coloured Guy, he's probably in his early 30s and seems to be doing quite well for himself, has a nice car and apparently lives in a more classy surbarb.

Its 7h00,i am preparing for work, i just came out of the shower when my phone rings, my face lights up as soon as the caller ID pops up, its my dad! "Morning Princess ka baba" my dad still treats me like a 13 year old, our relationship isnt like how a normal father and daughter relationship should be like but i appreciate moments like these.

"Morning old man, i miss you, how are you" he chuckles at the old man part, my dad always says he's aging gracefully, like fine wine or mature cheesy, whatever that means. "I'm good baby girl, your gift will be delivered on friday okay?, i sure hope you'll be home to recieve it" i just got excited, at least theres something to look forward to, my birthday is on saturday, today is Tuesday.

My conversation with dad was great,he actually asked about my wellbeing, how work is like, how cape town is treating me, all that confirmed to me that he wasnt in the same room with his wife. That woman dispises me.

Its spring so i opt for an off the shoulder floral green dress which holds my breast in place and then free flows from below my breast, it is above the knee but you wouldnt notice that because its free flowing, i wear yellow block heel sandals then match the sandals with my yellow handbag, I decide not to tie my braids today. I look Great! And i feel great!

The drive to work was amazing, i was blasting William Mcdowell "I surrender". That song has been my prayer for the past couple of weeks, I'm trusting God to help me with the Mngomezulu case, it's very steep since my manager is not on my side but if God is for me then who can be against me?

I got to my work station and immediately got started on the case, i made a few discovers the past couple of days, it turns out that Mr M is somehow linked to the money laundering which explains a lot, like how he wanted to handle the case on his own and also how Mrs Mngomezulu was not pleased to find out that he no longer handles their books. Today i am putting the final touches to my report then by the end of today i can email it to my manager,Mr M, my progamme coordinator, Mr P and also the senior management before sending it to The shareholders at Mngomezulu.

I have been working here for so long yet i spend time all on my own, not because i want to, it's really difficult to try and socialise with people when you're the boss's least favourite, everyone is trying to be on the boss's good books.

This report is important to me so i work on it right through my lunch time, a text pops up on my phone "have a great day" the text reads, but I'm shocked, its not the text which shocks me but the contact name which reads "future everything" i chuckle to myself remembering that i allowed that guy from clicks to save his number on my phone so clearly this message comes from him.

I promised to ignore him, I'm too focused on work to entertain any guy. Its end of day and I am pleased with my report, i email it out to every relevant party then I head home.