chapter 43

*3 months later*

My white wedding is in exactly 3 weeks from now, we found a nice venue in Johannesburg, the Munro Boutique Hotel and we've finalized everything from the dress, to the menu, the guest list of 500 guests, initially i wanted something small and intimate but both my family and Phenyo's family disputed that so i had to increase my guest list from 150 to 500. The theme of the day is rose gold and white, my dress is ivory white, it's  a body hugging dress so lately I've been trying to watch my weight.

My husband will be wearing a black dux while his groomsmen will be wearing fawn suits and my girls will be wearing rose gold dresses, same material but designs of their choice.

Nhlakanipho has been rather too friendly for my liking. He has met Phenyo only once but he always indirectly hints that Phenyo isnt good for me. He barely ever talks about Thembi and he occassionally has his ring on, which is odd but I'm one person, i never ask about people's private lives because i dont appreciate it when someone else does so.

Today I'm home sick, i havent been feeling well, it's probably because of the new diet. My husband has no idea that i called in sick at work today since he always leaves while I'm preparing for work. I'm dizzy so i havent had anything to eat, I've been laying down on the couch with my water bottle. The dizziness and blurry vision has been going on for a while now.

I only told Tasha about how I'm feeling and she advised that i go visit the doctor but honestly i hate doctor's offices. I decide to take a nap, hopefully I'll wake up feeling a lot better. I woke up feeling better, i decided to order a burger, fries and onion rings from spur with a large cup of orange juice. My food arrives in a few minutes, as soon as i open the container i suddenly dont feel like eating this, in fact it doesnt even look appetising.

My phone rings as I'm looking for something to eat in the fridge "maMvuleni wam" thats my husband, "mwelase" i respond "I'm at your workplace..." shoot! I should've known he'd bring me lunch, he randomly does that lately, "i wasnt feeling well so i called in sick" i know I'm up for a long lecture. "And you didnt see it fitting for you to let me know?" He's snappy, i dont get it though why is he snapping. "I didnt want to stress you out mwelase, I'm sorry" i say, my voice is breaking,why am i crying now. "Sthandwa sam, its okay dont cry now, I'm on my way, I'll come and take care of you okay?" I nodd as if he can see me, i guess he figured that out because he told me how much he loves me before hanging up.

I decided to just drink my orange juice and go back to taking a nap. I'm woken up by my husband kissing my cheek. "Hey sleepyhead" i smile and sit up, he pulls me into his arms, "so are you going to tell me what made you cry earlier?" He asks while kissing my forehead, and just like that I'm crying again, how do i even tell him that i dont know why I'm suddenly so emotional? He's still in his italian suit and here i am filling it with my snot and tears. He just keeps rubbing my back and i eventually pass out again.

I wake up covered with a blanket. I think I'm woken up by the amazing aroma that fills the house. My hubby walks over to the sitting room looking all sexy with an apron on, "you're  finally up" he plants a wet kiss on my lips. "I made dinner, your favourite prawn pasta" i smile, i dont think I've ever been this excited about food before.

I stand then we both sit on the dinning area while my hubby serves the food, "it looks amazing" i say, he smiles proudly, we say grace then dig in, its so delicious I'm even wondering if he actually cooked this on his own "so i saw the meal you ordered,you didnt touch it, why?" He asks, "i was just not feeling like it anymore" he just nodds then we continue eating while he tells me about how his day went. I cleaned out my plate "babe" i call out "sthandwa sam" he says expectantly "can i please have more?" He chuckles a bit "i thought you said you're watching your weight for the wedding"

Insantly my heart sinks, i feel tears threatening to fall, "are you implying that I am fat?" Now the tears are flowing, my heart aches....

*Phenyo's POV*
Someone better tell me what's going on with my wife, she's a ticking time bomb, she cries over everything. I mean i was just pulling her leg just now and all of a sudden she's crying because i apparently said she's fat. "No babe, i was just pulling your leg, I'm sorry" i stand up from my chair and give her a hug until she hushes. "Let me get you your food I'll be right back" i take her plate then walk to the kichen.

"Bring my burger as well" she shouts from the dinning room. What's going on with my babe though, unless....

Unless my plan succeeded. Back when i found out she was on contraceptives,  i decided to find pain meds that look similar to her contraceptive pills then switched the two, she obviously has no idea that i did that, it was over a month ago. Truth is, I've been trying to score for months now, dont look at me like that, I'm not getting any younger and some of my friends already have 2 to 3 kids.

Suddenly excitement washes over me as i think of the possibility that my wife might actually be pregnant. I serve her with the biggest smile on my face "and then? You seem happy" she says. "Well I'm just happy that you enjoyed my cooking that you even asked for seconds" i lie, she smiles before digging into her food and forgetting that I'm right next to her.

This has to be the happiest day of my life, i know it has not been confirmed yet, but oMwelase dont shoot blanks. After dinner we headed to bed, she's so needed she wanted me to cuddle her until she falls asleep, which usually she hates because she says its too hot to cuddle.

The next morning i decided that I'd also skip work just to take care of my wife. I woke up early and prepared breakfast, one thing about me I've never been a typical romantic guy, i dont know how this whole 'breakfast in bed' setting actually works but its true when they say true love has a way of changing people.

I prepared oats, fruit salad and a full on greasy english breakfast, make eggs just how she likes them -scrambled with dry parsley and grated cheese with a cup of coffee. I put everything nicely on a tray then head upstairs, i find her peacefully sleeping which is odd because she's usually up around this time.

"Wake up sleepyhead, i made breakfast" i try waking her up by planting kisses all over her face, she smiles while her eyes are still closed "come back in bed" she says, "vuka babe(wake up) i made breakfast" she instantly shoots her eyes open then sits up.

"What did i do to deserve this 5 star treatment?" She asks while fixing a pellow to place the tray on. "You're my wife, you deserve this" i had her the tray, well the look on her face says she doesnt look too pleased. "Whats wrong sthandwa sam?" I ask a bit concerned by her reaction. "Something smells offish here" i move closer and sniff the food, "it smells just fine to me" she quickly moves the tray aside before running to the bathroom....