chapter 10

Well the drive home wasnt long, Tasha was home by the time we arrived at the complex but Jess was still fast asleep. I had already called tasha on our way here to inform her what had happened with Jess and she was understanding although you could tell that this was bothering her.

After dropping Jess off at Tasha's place, i got to my place, decided against cooking today so i ordered pizza and dunked wings. While i waited for my order i changed into my Pyjamas and watched Catfish:the tv show. This show fascinates me, i just wonder how people fall for a complete stranger, someone whom they've never met, it really puzzles me.

My pizza arrived, i ate, drank orange juice and decided to call it a night, anyway i have work tomorrow. The rest of the week went well, today is friday and my friends are finally flying down to cape town for the weekend.

I am super thrilled, we havent spent time together for over 6 months now so this is definitely well deserved. I am on my way to work, i decided to dress casual today considering that its friday. I opted for a navy blue ankle grazzer Jean, a cream white casual blouse with a pair of denim block heels and topped the look off with a torn denim jacket, after work i think I'll go and buy fibre so i can braid myself, maybe twists or boxbraids, natural hair demands a lot of attention honestly.

Ever notice how time seems to me moving slower when you are looking forward to something? Thats exactly how it feels like today, I have been checking the time almost every hour.

I am knocking off early so that i can wait for my friends at the airport, they booked a flight for 12:00 so they should be landing here at around 14h00, its 13:45 so i decide to pack my bags, I'd rather go and camp at the airport. I'm so excited!

I arrive at the airport at exactly 14h00. I decide to get a drink while i wait for them. My phone rings while i am waiting for my  drink "Chomzito!!! We've arrived ukuphi?" Phelo never greets, thats just in his nature.

"I'll meet you at the check out, I'm getting myself something to drink" i say, before hanging up. I get my order, orange juice of cause and i head straight to check out.

Mpumi spots me first the she runs to me, we embrace each other as if we havent seen each other in years, I truly feel at home around these 2 crazy souls, my heart is leaping for joy, it saddens me that they'll have to leave by the end of the weekend.

The drive to my apartment was fun, like old times, we had a mini update session, on what's been happening in our lives and honestly Phelo seems to be having nice life problems, Mpumi has found love with one of our former lecturers who taught us accounting in first year, that guy is real eye candy if you ask me! Me on the other hand, i literally have nothing interesting to tell them.

We got to my place, we all freshened up and Phelo suggested that we go for an early dinner since its just after 5pm then we can hit the club. I dont drink so I am not looking forward to this, plus Natasha declined the invite saying that she has no babysitter so i will be the only one who will spend the whole night sober.

We went to this amazing seafood joint, i ordered a platter for one with a virgin mojito while my friends ordered Lobster and crab legs with beer on the side, apperently seafood goes better with alcohol, i let them be.

"So, chomzito, when are you planning to try out this dating thing again?" Mpumi asks, suddenly all the attention turns to me and they are looking at me expectant...

"We spoke about this chomi, all that matters right now is my career and this amazing seafood platter in front of me, those are the 2 things that i am certain they'll never leave me" i say this while ducking my crab into the garlic butter dip and wow this is super delicious.

After the amazing meal we had, we headed to this well known club in cape town, we are in the VIP section, perks of having monied friends. After an hour or so Phelo shouts "this section is boring, lets move over to the general section" well he is shouting because the music is too loud.

We all agree then move to the General section but its so packed we are even struggling to find a table, until a guy comes up to us and asks us to join them in their table, as we are seated, Phelo goes to the dance fall and i can tell the alcohol in his system is already kicking in while mpumi on the other hand is sucking face with one of the guys here, i am now sitting awkwardly regretting why i even agreed to the idea, i am casually taking sips of my cranberry juice but anyone can tell that i am at the wrong place,i dont fit in...