chapter 8

Its been a month and a half since my first day at work, it's so fulfilling to wake up every morning to do what you love most,i truly enjoy working at M&S, we Got to meet our boss Mr Phenyo Mazibuko who is the one incharge of the interns/graduate progamme.

I havent been seeking much of Maqawe around the office, which i am grateful of, remember the diet i was so keen on starting? Well i havent had the time to go to the small, i have been swamped with work.

My sisters and i talk almost everyday, well Thengi and i Talk every single day while Zinzi calls sometimes. My dad and I chat mostly on whatsapp because he cannot risk his wife eavesdropping on our conversations.

Natasha and I have become so close, she's like a sister to me, and her amazing daughter ,Jess has to be the most adorable 3 year old.

Natasha is originally from Eastern cape, she is coloured by she is raised by her mother's family so she speaks fluent Xhosa, she came to Cape town because she got a job here which can help her support her mum back at home, she is a born again like myself thats why we get along so well. Natasha does not know who Jessica's father is hence why she is raising her on her own.

We spend a lot of time together and that has helped me a lot, i spend less time overthinking when they are around.

Today is Tuesday, on friday Mpumi and Phelo are flying over for the weekend, i am so excited i am counting down to friday, i truly cannot wait. It's just after lunch and i have a meeting to attend thereafter i am good to go. The meeting is at Cape Quarter Lifestyle Village, at spur, its a lunch briefing with one of our clients.

I drive to the location and i arrive before Mrs Mngomezulu arrives, i always want to make a good first impression, she walks in, well i already know who she is from the little research i conduct before meeting up with clients and potential clients, i wave at her to signal her that i am the person she is looking for.

Well, she looks rather disappointed, i guess she was expecting something different? Maybe?

Anyway, i stand from my chair and put my hand out for a handshake, with the biggest smile plastered on my face. "Mrs Mngomezulu, Goodday" she quickly forces a fake smile then takes my hand into hers.

We both take our seats, i order coffee and she orders a bottle of wine, yes a bottle! Not even a glass? I mean this is a meeting afterall.

"If you dont mind me asking, where's Maqawe? I mean Mr M Mazibuko? Isnt he the one handing our books?" She asks this while gulping down the glass of wine in front of her then immediately pouring more.

Oh so this is about Mr M, i should've known, "I am Zinhle Mnisi, i am the new Intern in the finance and accounting department at Mazibuko&sons, for the next 2 years, i will be the one handling your books" i offer a warm smile but she does not return it.

"Nice to meet you Dear, can we postpone this meeting for tomorrow? I'm just not feeling well right now, I'm sure you don't mind? Oh ofcause you dont mind" shes now standing up, grabs her bag, puts 3 R100 notes on the table and walks out, just like that, there goes my first client!

Anyway, since my meeting took shorter than anticipated, i decide to shop around for a few things, i first go to woolworths for a bit of groceries, then to clicks to get toileteries and cosmetics.

I might as well just look for slimming products, well i have been pushing my trolling all around this store and i cannot seem to understand any of these products or even differentiate between them. "Everything okay Ms?" I turn back to see if i am the "Ms" that he is referring to, much to my surprise....