chapter 35

Its 10am and I'm still in bed, in my fiancee's arms. Last night was amazing, but it's a bit painful down there, Phenyo kept me up all night but I'm not complaining. He's still fast asleep. I take the time to reflect on the past few days. I'm soon to be Mrs Mazibuko, I'm a woman now, I'm with the man of my dreams. I'm so grateful to God for all these blessings, if anyone came up to me 3 years ago and told me that I'd meet someone who would be my happy place i probably would've laughed in disbelieve.

Yesterday was Phenyo's evening which was also technically mine yet I'm sleeping comfortably in a hotel bed when I'm supposed to be at the Mazibuko home helping them with cleaning up. "Babe vuka(wake up)" i try shaking him to wake up, he groans "what's wrong sthandwa sam?" Listen to him sounding so relaxed. "We need to go, i should be assisting the other wives with cleaning up" he chuckles, "don't worry about that"

Is he even hearing himself right now? "Babe what impression are we giving to your family? That I'll be the type of wife that always wants people to work after her?" He grins then pulls be closer to him "i like how you're referring to yourself as my wife, it sounds so great even saying it MY WIFE" he then plants a wet kiss on my lips. "Since you want us to leave so bad, lets go and take a shower then"

I dont like the idea of showering with him, mainly because I'm still getting used to him seeing me naked. I feel like the more he gets too see me naked is the quicker he'll notice my flaws. I mean when I'm all dressed up its difficult to notice my flappy belly but now my whole body is out there i just wonder if he still feels the same way now "maMvuleni, are you okay?" He brings me back to reality.

"I'm fine my love" i fake a smile, he gives me an intense look "we hide things from each other now?" Trust Phenyo to put you on the spot. I dont answer him i just keep quiet trying so hard to avoide eyecontact with him. He touches my face then pulls me in for a kiss, a slow passionate kiss then he pulls away. "Now let me ask you this again, are you okay my love?" Then just like that the water works start, I'm in tears, he pulls me into his arms. "Khuluma nami mama(talk to me)" how do i do it? How do i tell him that I'm not comfortable with being naked around him, someone who's soon to be my husband.

"I just dont think i can take a shower with you, i feel like the more time i spend naked around you is the more you'll notice my flaws and realise that I'm actually not good enough"  he sits up and pulls me to sit up as well, holds my hands into his "i thought we spoke about this, I'm not like him babe, i was attracted to you when i first saw you and i knew exactly what I'm going for, I approached you knowing the type of body you have and that type is my type, I love you babe, every inch of you, and trust me how i feel about you can never be changed by anything, in fact part of the reason why i love you so much is because of that gorgeous chubby body of yours, now this ends today okay? In fact i cannot wait until we get our own place so you can walk naked the whole time" he smiles and i blush. I'm truly blessed.

We took a shower together which turned into a make up session. After the shower we got dressed in the same clothes we wore yesterday. "Should we order breakfast?" He asks, I'm standing in front of the mirror fixing myself he comes behind me and wraps his arms around me. "No babe, we'll eat when we get to your home" he kisses my cheek then goes out to the balcony, he's on the phone.

After fixing myself we head out, the drive back home, i was so nervous i dont know what reaction i should expect from the people we left at home. Along the way Phenyo was playing maskandi music, he does that every once in a while and initially he never struck me as the type to listen to maskandi.

We drove into the yard and he parked on the driveway, he was about to open his door i stopped him "ngiyasaba(I'm scared)" he laughs "scared of what manje babe?" I'm annoyed now because he cannot stop laughing "they'll know what we were up to" in as much as I'm a woman now, I'm not comfortable with making obvious to people that i was having sex. He finally calms himself down "all the people in there are married and they've been doing this eversince, babe lets go I'm hungry" he walks out of the car still laughing his lungs out.

I'm annoyed that i dont even wait for him to open the door for me,i open it then slam it shut. I leave him outside then walk into the house, i hear voices coming from the sitting room, everyone is seated having breakfast. I walk in and greet "sanbonani(good morning)" everyone greets back "where did you guys disappear to last night?" Thats sbusiso asking "Sbusiso" his mother repremands,he starts laughing also, then Phenyo walks in, now him and Sbu are laughing at something. I excuse myself then go to Phenyo's room.

I change into a free flowing skirt and a white vest, i plait my afro then wear a doek over it. Phenyo walks in with a tray of food, "i brought you breakfast" he says playing it on the sideboard. I dont even look at him, i continue with scrolling through my phone. "Come on babe, I'm sorry" he comes and sits next to me "ngiyaxolisa sthandwa sam (I'm sorry)" he kisses me all over my face then squeezes me into a bear hug i end up laugh and he joins in,i ate then went downstairs with the dishes while he stayed in the bedroom to change.

I got to the kitchen found Thobile with maMazibuko. I greeted then started washing the dishes i was using "so how was your first night as Mrs Mazibuko to be?" Thats maMazibuko asking, i look at her and smile "it was great ma, thank you for asking"

They update my on how the rest of the evening went and I'm laughing this whole time. Later in the day Phenyo drove me to the airport, maMazibuko made me promise to come back and visit her. I had an amazing weekend, its just sad that i have to leave my man behind, i wont be seeing him after the lobola day which my dad has to finalize. The mazibuko family suggested next weekend but my dad needs to either agree to the date or set a different date.