chapter 12

It's September 1st, my birthday is in 13 day's time. I have been enjoying my stay in cape town, Natasha and I have become like sisters. I still chat to Phelo and Mpumi but things aren't the same anymore but i am okay with that.

Remember when i decided that i would like to get started on a weightloss journey,well i decided against it, i have recently started attending therapy sessions offered by the church that i attend and i am slowly learning to love myself for who i am and i am also working on healing from past hurt and trauma which is vital for my personal health.

I am at my desk buried in my work when I get a call from reception informing me that Mr M Mazibuko would like to see me. I drag my feet, Maqawe still resents me, i honestly do not understand why but he hates me so i try by all means to stay out of his way.

Great, his door is open, i knock softly before letting myself in "Mr M, Good morning" i say, "Morning Ms Mnisi, please take a seat, i would like us to discuss Mrs Mngomezulu, she isnt happy with the way that you have been conducting your work, i would like to understand what all that is about?"

Remember Mrs Mngomezulu? The lady that stormed out when she found out that Mr M isnt the one handing the books anymore? Well i have been picking up a lot of loopholes in their books which no one can account for, hence she is complaining about my work.

"I have been looking closely into their books even from prior years and it turns out that there has been a lot of mismanagement of funds within the company and tones of money appears on the books but no accompanying source documents and no one is willing to account for it, therefore i have filed for an investigation to be conducted which Mrs Mngomezulu abruptly disagreed therefore i was going to send an audit report which clearly states the discrepancies"

He nodds is head, looking rather displeased with my findings, deep inside my heart is happy, i deserve a pat in the back to cracking this in my first year of work while it takes people years to be able to trace mismanagemsnt of funds and fraud.

"You can leave the case to me,i will handle it" he says this then looks back to his screen which i asume that is his way of telling me to leave. "With all due respect Mr M,i believe i am more than capable to deal with this investigation as i believe i was placed in this department in order to deal woth such incidences" i wont let him dismiss me like that on a case which i worked so hard to come up to.

"I will let the senior management know about this,then i will get back to you" he looks really pissed. "There is no need, i have already sent out an email and i have CC'd both you and Mrs Mngomezulu, have a good day Mr M" i stand up and move my hips all the way back to my desk, i am proud of myself!

Its knock off time and i decide to head to the mall, i need toiletries. I start and woolworths to get snacks and then to Clicks, as i am shopping around i feel as though someone is standing behind me starring at me,when i look back i am met by a familiar face "you never called to let me know how the princess is doing" he says this then sightly smiles revealing his perfectly aligned teeth.

"I lost your number" well thats a lie, i threw it away intentionally, "well let me put save it in your phone so that next time you wont lose it?" He opens his hand signalling for my cellphone, well i let him be, its not like i will call him anyway.

Oh wait,he dialed his number using my phone so that he can also have my number,Great. He winks at me before waking off to back to his duties, i dont know why i found that cute, anyway i continue with my shopping then drive to the salon to get new braids, i opted for long thick boxbraids