chapter 38

*two weeks later*
The makoti week was quite hectic, i had an issue with waking up early but my husband was so supportive, he'd make it his personal assignment to make sure that i am up on time. Sometimes my hubby would help with breakfast before everyone else wakes up. The workload increased as the other 2 wives had to leave and i was left with all makoti duties to myself, but I'm grateful that the love of my life was by my side all along.

I'm back in Johannesburg, in as much as i want to always wake up next to my husband, i still need this job. Last week i recieved a call from VA auditing, the firm which i applied in, the one in durban. They've scheduled my interview for tomorrow(Tuesday) and since I'm currently based in Johannesburg they've arranged for my interview to take place in their Johannesburg offices.

I'm truly excited but also a bit nervous. Excited because I'll finally move in with my husband but nervous because what if i dont get the job, what happens thereon?

Today i am working half day because i have a doctor's appointment. I think its time i took contraceptives, my husband is against the idea of using protection but the dude also doesnt want to pull out, now it is for my own good to get on a contraceptive ofcause without him knowing about it. I got referred to this doctor by Mpumi and honestly i feel uncomfortable having to discuss my sex life with someone, I've never done this.

My husband was here for the weekend and we spoke about a white wedding, honestly i feel like that's every girl's dream, I've always imagined how my wedding would be like from a very young age so we agreed on it and my amazing hubby said that i should start planning,thats not the best part, the best part is that there's no budget!!

So today after my doctors appointment, I'm meeting up with Phelo at mike's kitchen so that i can formally ask him to plan my wedding because i mean we all know he has always wanted to do this for me and i trust him.

I'm driving to the doctors appointment listening to Tasha cobbs, today's weather is good for staying in , it's been drizzling all day. I get to the doctor and I'm just on time. Doctor smith takes me through the different contraception methods and i opt for pills, i mean with an injection i might forget to come or Phenyo might find out,but with pills there's always a way of hiding it.

I had to first take a pregnancy test, apperently its standard procedure. Then he issued me with the pills. I drove off, maybe i should stop by the mall and get vitamins, so i can switch the containers of the contraceptive with the vitamins, that way hubby dearest would think that these are just your regular vitamins.

While driving to meet up with Phelo,my phone rings , its my sister. "Thengi wam" she chuckles "Zinhle,we miss you" i havent seen them since the ceremony in KZN , "i miss you more, since I'm on my way to sandton to meet up with Phelo, I'll drive by" i also miss my sister's cooking "okay then see you later" she hangs up.

I get to Mike's kitchen and yep you guessed it, Phelo is nowhere insight. I ask for a table for two then order coffee. He walks in looking porsh as always. I get up to give him a hug, he's not like his usual self, he's too reserved.

"Chomie, o sharp?(are you okay)" i ask concerned. He gives me an assuring smile "I'm good chomiza, look at you! You're even glowing" i smile, "I'm happy chomie, Phenyo makes me so happy" he smiles at me "I'm glad you finally found someone" he orders and then we sit in awkward silence, its awkward since we havent spent time together in years now. "Chomi please be my wedding planner" i blurt out, his face beams and he screams a bit, drawing attention to us, yeah this is the Phelo that i know "Chomiza! You dont need to ask me twice, I'm game for this!" He gets up and squeezes me into a hug.

We chill and talk more about the ideas he has, I'm just happy to have my friend back. After our date, i drive to my sister's place, its around 5pm when i get there. Great her car is on the drive way meaning she's home already. I knock once before i let myself in "honey! I'm home" i say hysterically. My nieces and Nephew come rushing down the stairs. "What did i say about running?" Thats my sister appearing from the kitchen. They pay no attention to her.

"Aunty Zee" they all embrace me in hugs and kisses before they all start giving me a life update , they're talking all at once before their mum reminds them that they have homework to finish. Shame i need to fetch them over the weekend.
"Sisi" i give her a hug, "look at you glowing" she says, what is it with everyone mentioning my glow?!

We chat and catch up while i help her with pealing and chopping. I get a text from hubby "I've just landed, on my way to your place" i cannot hide the excitement. "Zinhle what is it?" My sister asks "well Phenyo is here so i have to get going, bye sis" i say while taking my bag, she laughs "wait! Let me dish up for you then" my sister is such a lifesaver. I live there with 4 containers with rice, beef stew and salads.

I drove back like a maniac, i got to my place and quickly took a shower then changed into a dress. I quickly transfer the food out of the containers into the pots so it looks as if i cooked. He walks in while I'm washing dishes.

I run into his arms, he smells so great, i missed him. I kiss him with so much passion, he grabs ahold of my body pulling me closer to him. He lifts me up and carries me to the bedroom. I know i saw him just yesterday but i cannot get enough of this man. We got to the bedroom and you know what happened next.

We took a shower then had dinner together. Apparently he came back to help me prepare for my interview, he briefed me on what i should know and also hinted me on some of the things i should and should not do.