chapter 27

I broke the kiss and everyone was cheering us on yet again. Mulalo walked out looking rather pissed, with his trophy girlfriend practically running after him, Phenyo looks pleased with himself. I got to meet some of his varsity friends who are all married now, apparently only Phenyo and Sphelele,the groom were the remaining bachelors in the squad now Phenyo is the only one.

We stayed for longer and now its getting a bit chilly i guess Phenyo noticed that I'm shivering a bit because i feel him putting his suit jacket over my shoulders, then he plants a kiss on my cheek, Phenyo has been all lovey dovey since the reception its probably all the alcohol intake. I've been checking my phone hoping that Nhlaka would at least send a whatsapp to check up on his girlfriend. Part of me feels like I'm imposing myself on him, but he's probably not the type to constantly check up on his lover. I decide to go through my facebook,it gets boring spending time with people who drink when you dont.

Theres a post which Nhlaka is tagged on, its a very beautiful family photo, and his siblings are also tagged on it,well he barely ever talks about his siblings and I'm guessing he is quiet because he needed sometime with family. I'm assuming he finally decided to go back home, I'm proud of him, I'm happy that at least he's not somewhere making love to another woman.

I decide to do a little stalking and go through each of the tagged accounts, i dont know his siblings so this might give me an idea of what type of people they are, you know should i end up as Mrs Mabaso one day, i smile at the thought of being Nhlaka's Wife.

First its Zenande Mabaso, she's Nhlaka's younger sister i assume because she's still in university, she's very beautiful and wow her fashion sense is top notch honestly. Then there's a Thembisile Ngema Mabaso, I didnt know that Nhlaka had a sister who is married, I decide to stalk her too, he tagged Nhlaka on almost all her posts. One picture catches my attention though, its a picture of her and Nhlaka, she's dressed in a full zulu wife traditional attire and Nhlaka is seated while she is handing him a calabash. On the comments everyone is congratulating them, for what? "Congratulations Mr and Mrs Mabaso"

Ever felt your heart literally breaking? It feels like a sharp knife struck right through my heart, so Nhlakanipho is married, this picture is from 4 years ago, how could he keep this away from me? Well he didnt really lie to me but he didnt let me know either, and on the pictures posted today, this Thembisile is next to him, they're holding hands, initially i thought it's just a sibling thing.

"Zee, ukahle(are you okay)?, I've been calling out for you kodwa awuphenduli(you aren't responding)" thats Phenyo bringing me back to the present. I fake a smile "I'm fine" he gives me a very intense look as if he's reading my expression. After what felt like forever he speaks , "Asambe(lets go)" he doesnt even wait for me to respond, he takes me hand and we walk to his car.

He opens the door for me, walks to his side then drives off. The whole way there was silence, we've been driving for over 30 minutes now and I'm very convinced that we arent driving to my sister's house. "Siyaphi?(where are we going)" he looks at me and then back on the road "you'll see". We finally drive into an estate in Midrand, Eye of afrika not far from the mall of afrika.

We park at a drive way of this beautiful house."this is my dad's joburg home" he walks out, opens the door for me then we walk in. "Would you like anything to drink?, should i order something to eat for you?" I nodd, "Zee you'll have to do more han just nodding, what would you like to eat?" I dont even know what i want "pizza" he nodds then leads me to the living area.

He comes back with two cups of coffee, places them down on the coffee table "I'll be right back" he jogs upstairs. He comes back down wearing grey sweatpants and a white GANG hoodie with sleepers. One thing I've learned about Phenyo is that he likes being comfortable when he's in his own space. "Pizza will be here soon, i made you coffee, just the way you like it, but with a little twist" we both laugh lightly then indulge in the coffee , we sit in silence until the door bell rings,he attends to it, he comes back with the pizza.

"Would you like to change into something more comfortable? I know you like my T shirts and hoodies so you can have one all to yourself" he smiles, i ended up changing into one of his hoodies and kept my tights on, wore his socks and his push ins which are 3 sizes bigger than my normal size 7.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I nodd, he picks "why did i get married?", i look at him "what?" He exclaims "but we've watched that" he smiles then sits right next to me "this time i wanna show you something" we watched the movie while eating and obviously Phenyo being his goofy self, I felt sleepy but he kept waking me up on some "wait i still have to show you that thing" he didnt even want me to go to the kitchen to drink water.

The movie gets to the part where they all attend Patricia"s award ceremony and Mike sees Shiela with her new man, the Sheriff (Troy), shiela has lost weight, she looks so beautiful in a body hugging dress abd she also looks happier.

"See, this right here, this is what i wanted to show you, Zinhle I know what happened earlier, I saw what was on your phone when you didnt even hear me calling out for you, Zee stop going for guys like Mike, they'll never know how to handle a woman like yourself, you're fragile and you deserve an egg treatment, let me be your troy,let me be the one to fix your broken heart, let me be the one to love you right, i also noticed how you tried to call him earlier but your mood changed after the call, did he check up on you all day? Zee you dont need to beg someone for the bare minimums, let me prove to you that real, honest and genuine man still exist, please let me be that maMvuleni" I'm in tears now, I'm hurt, I'm upset, I feel worthlesss, what if Phenyo does the same thing also, what if I'm not meant to be happy. I'm crying in his arms and this feels right, i feel safe, it feels like home, i dont want him to let go of me