I'm Faster

"Oh come on! Why can't I just sleep without the nightmares" I yelled into the darkness. I heard a sound that could only be from something slithering against the ground.

   "Turn back, young hero. You do not have to die, from the burden you bear." said a completely new voice which was similar to the others.

   "Yeah well, I am known for making suicidal decisions. What ya got new?" I asked sounding bored. I heard an angry growling sound.

   Out of nowhere, I felt something pierce my leg. I screamed while stumbling to my knees. I clutched the spot where I had been pierced. To my surprise, I felt no blood there. It felt hollow like last time.

   "We cannot change your decision. But know this..." said another voice. I heard the sound of something recoiling. The voices spoke in unity which sent chills down my spine.

   "You shall perish" it said in unisson. The next thing I know something sprang from the darkness and penetrated my chest. I jerked out of my bead, sweating profusely.

   I looked around to see that I was in my adobe. The ceiling was now giving off a bluish glow. The flowers had changed from last night into new ones. 

   I walked out and saw that the hunters camp was no more. Where the camp was, now there was just some leaves and an extinguished fire. 

   I groaned. This had to be the doing of Artemis and the hunters. I just focused on their energy signature and found that they were a kilometre east. I dissolved into flames and silently reappeared on a nearby tree. 

   I made sure I was right next to the hunt and concealed my aura. I noticed the hunters walking right under me. I listened closer to what they were saying.

   "That stupid boy will find himself lost in the forest and hopefully, get eaten by some wild animal." said a hunter and the others laughed. I decided that was enough. I jumped down from the tree and landed in front of them with a soft thud.

   Immediately, they drew their bows and pointed it at me. That was getting old. When they realised that it was me, they grudgingly lowered their bows.

   I searched the group until my eyes landed on Artemis.

   "Know this Artemis. You are under orders. Defy them and I will make sure your original punishment will be given to you with twice it's duration." I said in a low voice.

   Artemis's eye twitched but she nodded. I just sighed and looked around. 

   "So where exactly are you headed to?" I asked them. Many of them just glared at me. After an awkwardly long time Artemis spoke.

   "There have been sightings of new types of monsters. We have been sent to investigate the claims. As of right now, we are headed towards the east, as thats where most of the sightings have been." She said in one breath.

   Gears turned in my head. I had a suspicion of what the cursed land was. Being made into the light bringer, somehow gave me knowledge about important fragments of history. 

   Now, the new monsters that were sighted in the east were confirming my suspicions. Though I wouldn't act till I was completely sure.

   "Very well. I will aid you in defeating these new monsters. I have a feeling I know what they are." I said. Many hunters just scoffed.

   "Yeah right. Like we need help from a boy" they said arrogantly [[{ Its really annoying to write 'boy' in italics every time }]]